The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

headlight washer question

GIjoe

So I just bought a JDM bumper and it comes with the oem headlight washer nozzles. Question is, should I keep em, buy the oem reservoir, the switch and everything, and just install it on the vr4? Or should I remove it? I might sell the whole set if somebody wants to buy it.

cheekychimp

Good Luck finding a reservoir. Took me 6 months and a very patient overseas board member. I too thought they were still available from the dealer until I tried to order one. If you do find any stock anywhere let me know. I'm not taken with the washer nozzles for the headlights (pointless without wipers IMHO) but the location of the reservoir under the battery tray with a filler nozzle neck leading into the engine bay means you can either dispense with the original washer reservoir or use the second reservoir as a water/alky injection reservoir.

Last edited:

Yeah, it took me quite some time to get you a decent one.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

But he lives in Hungary. There are more 6th gens with headlightwashers, and in finland/sweden/switzerland there are more 6th gens with headlightwashers as well.

I've got a complete headlight washer system on my 6th gen now, and it's totally untrue, that you need wipers!!! There's a high pressure pump, and i always get my headlights for more than 99 percent clean!! Sprays the flies and everything right off!!

How much would you want for that JDM bumper, with the headlightwashers?

ercp98

i'm not sure if this helps. but the 1998 full size montero here in US have the headlight washer.
maybe you can source out parts from these SUV's too. i think they are pajero any where else in the world.

GIjoe

I already found a reservoir, switch, relay and everything. I just didnt buy them yet, cuz Im still considering on simply ditching the nozzles...

Dennis, Im only considering on selling the washer system, not the bumper. If I find another JDM bumper, I'll let you know. (the one I bought is in pretty rough shape anyway)

Last edited:

Interested in the parts for the washer system as well. Quite hard to get parts for these washer systems here...
By the way, you won't need a relay.

I'm looking for a JDM bumper with at least the holes in it for the washer nozzles. Don't feel like making the holes myself. Doesn't matter it's rough looking either. If you want to sell it, just let me know what you would want for it.

GIjoe

^^ will do. Ill ask the scrapyard how much they want for the rest of the system.

My question to all of you is: Would you keep the whole system, or remove it. Do you guys think it looks good? Im really into rare oem stuff, but Im not sure that the washer system is actually worth the extra weight and trouble, and I dont know how it would actually look on the car.
Just curious about what you guys think. The rest of the washer system (reservoir and such) is an additional investment, I only have the nozzles so far.

Last edited:

I think they look pretty good on the car. Pretty handy sometimes as well. And about the weight, it really doesn't weigh that much. Only thing that weights something is the pump, reservoir,hozes and nozzels all weigh about nothing. It's your choice though.

misterfixit

You do need the relay, specifically for the high pressure pump.

i've posted the diagrams somewhere round here and sent out kits from the uk...

ALL uk galants had them as astandard, but the cars (whole) here are getting rare, and so is time for me as my son grows so i am not able to squander as much scouring junkyards.

Rich

Quoting galantgti:
Interested in the parts for the washer system as well. Quite hard to get parts for these washer systems here...
By the way, you won't need a relay.

I'm looking for a JDM bumper with at least the holes in it for the washer nozzles. Don't feel like making the holes myself. Doesn't matter it's rough looking either. If you want to sell it, just let me know what you would want for it.

misterfixit

Could always re route it and set it up as an intercooler spray?

Rich

Quoting GIjoe:
^^ will do. Ill ask the scrapyard how much they want for the rest of the system.

My question to all of you is: Would you keep the whole system, or remove it. Do you guys think it looks good? Im really into rare oem stuff, but Im not sure that the washer system is actually worth the extra weight and trouble, and I dont know how it would actually look on the car.
Just curious about what you guys think. The rest of the washer system (reservoir and such) is an additional investment, I only have the nozzles so far.

curtis

Montero's have washers for the headlights or just get a normal washer bottle from something, My windshield bottle is gone because I needed a place for the oil accumulator and I used a talon windshield washer set-up up behind the passenger headlight.

Post pictures of washers they may be like the montero's

curtis

another though was some of the old supras had sprayers as well as the bmw's, benz's etc.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned