The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help Identify Break Pad

Specter

I went to the junkyard today to find some dual port disc brakes. I found a set but the guy was not sure which car are they from. Can any one identify from the pad which car would it be from? I took the pad from that guy because i did not have any camera there. Sorry for crappy pics. The disc was in 5 lugs not 4 lugs.

img.php

img.php

img.php

You buy brake pads at the junkyard? Second hand brake pads??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Terry Posten

Your best bet is to ask on this site.

Tell us what car your wanting to put them on.

Someone in the US (where there are more options to choose from) can get them and ship you the correct stuff.

What do you want/need?

slugsgomoo

if you're looking to buy new pads to replace those with for the junkyard calipers, you'd be better off pulling a model # from the caliper.

Specter

yes i was looking to buy new pads to replace those, dont have any part number, thats why i took the pics, i thought some one might recognize them from the pics. I searched on google and found out that they were used in wide variety of mitsubishi cars including evo I, legnum etc. I guess i would have to visit the local parts market and hope to find them. Thanks any ways!

Wizardawd

They look just like the regular 2-piston pads for the GVR4's, 93+ AWD dsms, Diamonte's, etc. Just goto a parts store and ask for pads for the GVR4. Match them up and you're set. Doesn't matter if it's 4 lug or 5, still use the same calipers (ie, same pads).

Wiz

Specter

We did not have any vr4's or eclipses or any awd car for that matter from Mitsubishi, so if i go to any Mitsubishi dealer and ask them for vr4 pads they are like what the heck is a vr4 lol. I did found the brake pads, they are the same as jdm 7g galant pads, so my problem is over now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wizardawd

Didn't bother to see the location....but yeah, a ton of larger mitsubishi vehicles used the 2-piston calipers. Glad you found what you needed.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned