The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Motor Mounts

Are there any differences at all between a 1991 Galant and the 1992 galant motor mounts. I'm trying to get my motor into the car and its just not budging (has urathane mounts).

I don't believe so, no. They should be the same. What exactly are you having trouble lining up?

lol everything. We had the motor in by itself. had a problem pulled the motor and when it was out put the tranny on it. Now the motor is getting held up by the motor mount by the cams, the trans is to high and hitting the frame, the rear motor mount isnt even close.....its a headache!!!

dmj

Did you put on the mounts upside down?I have seen people unbolt the mount brackets from the block install it upside down and even switch sides when reinstalling. Time to double check!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned