The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone need a 91 style grill?

Terry Posten

The local yard hads one of the chrome grills that is in perfect shape.

I already stole the clips buy the grill in in incredible shape. Chrome is great, the inner slats are crack-free and the emblem is only slightly faded.

Don't know what they want for it, but I would bet around $20.

Got a pic of it perhaps?? Or a pic of any other 91 style grill? Not sure how a 91 style grill looks like, because it's different over here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbowop

Chrome grills, FTL. I think one of the best things I ever did to my car was paint the chrome grill belize green. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Terry Posten

I agree Wop, but this would be a perfect candidate for respray.

turbowop

Werd. '92 grills are better, IMO, since the chrome sometimes makes it harder for new paint to adhere but they still work. My original chrome '91 grill took paint pretty well, but didn't survive rock chips as well as it should have.

JNR

Sand down/off the chrome and no problems...primer is key though with plastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I want to eventually get a 91 grill and swap the mesh, which I think looks better than the slats. Or, if I ever get off my butt, just install some wire mesh or perf. metal plate; anything but the slats, lol...

turbowop

My '91 grill is now toast after my paint guy tried to remove all the chrome, which is why I have the AMG replica grill on the car. Apparently it doesn't come off that easily and there are a lot weird areas that are difficult to remove the chrome from without screwing up the grill. I'm planning to paint the '92 grill I bought from Nick green and swap between it and the AMG replica depending on my mood.

JNR

That would probably be the way to go (92 grill) and yeah, I guess it could be a PITA to remove some of the smaller curves and such. Also, being plastic, I would imagine you can't be in one spot too long (power equip), even with finer grit. I don't like the chrome on the grill either (kind of cheapens the look, imo), although don't mind the trim and taillights, being it was already like that.

What sucks on my grill is the way the IC is mounted/braced, I can't use the middle clips, so I was thinking if I made a custom piece, I'd make it so it fastens with screws, or something.

But, the (oem) mesh looks real good (with the painted frame, lol)!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts