The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hood bra

Does anyone know where i can get a 6th gen specific hood bra?? I really need one...

Boo. Hood bra's FTL. You might as well start sanding your hood with 320 grit. They both make the same effect.

Bra's trap dirt and pollen under your bra, then rubs it on your finish.

ya they look good sometimes. my mom had one on her tiburon and it collects everything you come accross on the road, and if you dont take it off all the time to clean it its just gonna mess up your hood.
ive seen this stuff that was pretty neat recently on the cars where i work. where they have like this clear plastic sticker like thing that covers the top part of hood and around the bumper. im gonna research that. lol

ah found it lol
clear bra kits
there not cheap.
90-200 bucks depending on the car
heres the site
click

Can be safely removed
Virtually maintenance free
Clearcoated Films
5 year and Lifetime warranty films
Won't yellow, crack or peel
Safe to wash and wax
Installer Friendly

Last edited by a moderator:

GIjoe

I though of this too. I was thinking id try it out on the JDM fogs first.

Ted Andkilde

Quoting GSR:
ah found it lol
clear bra kits
there not cheap.

Do a search for helicopter tape as well -- AFAIK, the clear bras and light protection films are all variations on this stuff. Tough, clear, UV protected, polyurethane tape originally designed to protect the leading edge of helicopter blades -- also a little expensive but probably cheaper on a roll than pre-cut.

t

Last edited:

H05TYL

Anything you put on to protect the front of the car (bra, clear plastic, etc)is going to look worse than a few stone chips imo...

that is true but ive had to take this invisible crap off a few times before for customers at our shop and when its off it keeps the paint lookin like new. IF it was put on correctly that is.

Nartanian

Quoting galantgti:
Does anyone know where i can get a 6th gen specific hood bra?? I really need one...

I was so looking for one too! Has anyone found anything besides the link that has been posted?

I just had contact with a Dutch company who is willing to make them for the car. Costs for a "normal" black one are about 150 usd , and another color and lettering is also possible.(extra 40 bucks for another color, and 30/35 for lettering). Think i'm going to heave one made for me, within a couple of months. This is ONLY for the hood by the way. Bumper can be done as well, but since they have to be special made, and i haven't got a usdm bumper, that isn't possible, at the time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned