The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BOV mounting - Need more oppinions...

fivestardsm

Ok, so I stood in fron of my car tonite for about an hour maybe 2 trying to decide how I want to mount my BOV.

First thing is practicallity and function. Obviously, I need to have it be able to be dumped back into the intake. (well, I want it to anyway)

Second delema is, do I want to show off the bling? or hide it like the stock one was?
If i hide it, the pipe routing will be pretty straight forward, litterally. But, if I want to show it, I would have to build a j pipe to loop it back to the intake.

So, this is the question at hand. Which way would you route it? Pros, and cons appreciated.

Bling would need a J pipe...

Hidden underneith everything, but straight forward recirc setup...

Nartanian

Just be a ricer and vent to atmosphere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

GVR4_1057

I like position 2 hidden underneath. Much easier rerouting. and I like easy.................

JNR

Just a sidenote/consideration...Will there be enough flex in those couplings by mounting your MAS to the fixed plate like that? Seems the 'rubber' is not very long to accomodate movement...something to think about, anyway.

As for your mounting; this is just me, but I don't like mounting things upside down. I know this is just a mechanical valve, but I'm not sure how much, if any, condensation may build up?

fivestardsm

As for the flex room, I havent trimed the end of the pipe off yet. It will be roughly 1 1/2" or 2" of gap. I wanted to see how it acts first. I might have to chop the pipe by the battery and couple it also, but figured Id see first.

As for the condensation issue, this is a good point. I never thought of that. I don't "think" there would be to much, concidering that the stock setup is pointing up on an angle also. Ill have to think about that.

Last edited:

JNR

Yeah, the condensation *probably* won't be an issue, but sure there could be the remote chance the water would find it's way up in the combustion chamber (unlikely); thinking more like if the engine is colder and you haven't generated enough heat in the system to "boil it off", so to speak...

If it's sealed (recirc), it's unlikely also that water would build up much on the inside, but always best to be on the safe side.

turbowop

Condensation build up being sucked into the turbo via the bypass valve opening up wouldn't do anything...and that's if there even is any condensation build up in the first place. I wouldn't even worry about it.

I would mount it down underneath. Looks like a nice clean place to put it and makes for easy recirculation. Try to build the recirc fitting on the intake pipe so that the valve has a straighter shot at the turbo inlet also. Less chance for venting that air towards the MAF sensor and creating any driveability issues.

fivestardsm

Yeah I was curious about that as well. I was planning on having the fitting on an angle in which ever direction I was to mount it. It kind of looks like I am going to go underneath because of the ease of application. That is unless I can find the right piece of stainless pipe to throw it over the top. I did forget to take into concideration for the top rad hose, so that makes my decession a little more biased toward the underneath.

I really wanted the bling tho... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif You can never have to much stainless, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fivestardsm

Another question that I am not sure of is, does it matter where in the turbo inlet pipe I put the recirc adapter? All the second gen INJEN and others like them, have it up next to the MAF. DEJON's have them kind of close to the maf end aswell. Is this going to matter?

Because If I do the underneath, I want to make sure that I am not going to have any ill effects with shoving the recirculated air into the smaller part of the pipe closer to the turbo. Would this cause exssesive back-pressure? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned