The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shifter ID

14u2nV

I've posted up once about it, but don't remember where. Can anyone ID the shifter on the left? That is a 1g next to it. The handle is longer, but the throw is shorter. I haven't seen another one like it yet, and wonder what it came out of.

Cleaned up with base:

Last edited:

4thStroke

Looks like the one on the left would actually have a longer throw than the 1g lever, the lower portion is shorter.

14u2nV

maybe, I forgot which way was which. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bazeng

The left one is found on PRE-FACELIFT or 89 JSPEC VR4's.
They dont work with the US SPEC VR4's or the AUS SPEC VR4's. They also don't work with the newer JSPEC VR4's. The shifter cables are different lengths

14u2nV

I'm curious about you saying it won't work in our cars. If I put them side-x-side, they are just about dead-nutz on as far as being in the same positions. I don't have a car to try it in, but it looks to me that it will work fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Also, you can see that the shorter lower section is offset by the lowered pivot point.

**ok, I see the difference. The frontmost mount for the cable is longer on ours.

Last edited:

Looks like a shifter out of a FWD Galant about 88-90 time frame.
I had a 88 Galant GS and I believe it is the same.

Last edited:

fivestardsm

I have a few of them. Mine are out of the 90 DSM's. somwhere in the early-mid 91 year, they got away from the cast.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts