The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Summit Point last weekend

Armitage

Saw a green VR-4 in the parking lot at the Shenandoah circuit briefly. Didn't see anyone near the car when I went over though. Anyone here?

it was me!i just stopped by to talk to a friend that was running the white gti with TRACK DAZE on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armitage

Ah cool, sorry I missed you. I was busy crashing my car into the side of the hill when you arrived /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

that was your rx-7 parked at an odd angle on the hill/skid pad. it looked nice.

Armitage

Yea not my finest hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IMG_6580.JPG

Car was 100% fine though. Dusted it off, checked it out, and was back on the pad and track in no time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Disabled the ABS so it wouldn't happen again (car won't stop in a spin, ABS keeps the wheels turning and can't lock em up).

GVR4_1057

I thought that you just liked to get all of your cars muddy.

CP

Fun track. I did my first school there in March. The 8 hour tow sucked though. You heading to the MARRS festivities there next weekend?

Armitage

Yea I really like the Shen. because it's a lot of fun with a lightweight car and doesn't need gobs of power. Also Summit Point is ~1 hr drive for me so it's practically in my backyard. I compiled some video from last w/e (yea, I cross posted this to NewEngDSM already :p ) -- click

Naw, I'm not with the SCCA anymore. Been doing a bunch of NASA events more recently. My next event will probably be Mazdadriver's at VIR Grand East next month.

Last edited:

GVR4_1057

I live so close that I can hear the cars. I ride by bike (real bike not motorcycle)by there all the time. I have only had the Galant on the track once though.

Armitage

Quoting CP:
I only missed one shift in the vid.

Haha nice! Damn son you sure gave those nubs the business... Got a little red mist there coming out of the chute trying to catch that black car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I really wanna do a comp school and get my license but no where to store a race car, much less a tow rig and trailer where I live /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Gonna have to stick with hpde and 24 hrs of lemons for a while still.

CP

It's a BIG investment of time and money, as I'm quickly learning. Plus you get a fraction of the track time compared to HPDE. But it's fun as hell, and your driving skills jump by leaps and bounds when you're constantly probing the limits of adhesion with cars in very close proximity (inches away).

I was down at NJMP last weekend doing recon with the Audi club prior to racing there in the next few months. That's a very cool track too, Thunderbolt. You should try to get up there this year to check it out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts