The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CXRacing intercooler

I was wondering what you guys thought about the CXRacing intercoolers? I tried doing some research but not much comes up. Ive heard they make good radiators and ive heard a little bit about the intercoolers and that there good. Anyone use them and thier pipping?

dmj

I purchased their intercooler and piping kit for under 200.00 cut the pipes to fit and had it tig welded for about 150.00 looks good and works fine. the intercooler size was 28x10x3 with 2.5 in inlet.

524of1000

^ I have the same kit, I'm mocking the IC pipes now. It seems pretty well made, but I got the black pipes. Some are a glossy black, some are not... gues thats why it was less than $250 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3rdstrikedsm

I have one in the evo and it does very well even at 30 psi on a stock turbo.

I'm a dealer for CXRacing & can get you a better price than what's listed on their site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the replys guys! Im think I will go with one of thier intercoolers and pipes. I want to get close to 600 hp do think thier intercoolers will handle that? do you guys thimk 3 or 3.5 for thickness? Also anyone use thier bovs?

Jostar

3 inches would be fine... 600HP is not a eady task either.... Let us know when you hit 500hp first...

haha thanks I called them and thats what they said as well. I want to prepare so I wont have to buy later down the road.

Quoting Garfield Wright:
I'm a dealer for CXRacing & can get you a better price than what's listed on their site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I made a boo boo here guys. I'm not a dealer but can get items similar to what they sell.

No but here's one that I can vouch for. I'm running the same radiator & it works with the factory hoses. Only things I had to do was weld a peg in the bottom to use the factory lower bracket, tap the sensor hole to use back the factory sensor & fab a bracket for the top. You can see it installed in this link

boostin4door

I'm running one & it works great with my setup!
mine is the 29x11x3 w/2.5" inlets.
Got it for $120.oo shipped on Ebay. CXracing & SSAC are the only "Ebay" vender core's I would buy.
The 31x12x4 w/3"inlets core is a monster!! will support your HP needs all day.

have you ever heard of godspeed ic???thats the one im getting a local civic guy is making 800+whp with it

IMHO, For a street car it doesnt matter who makes the IC as long as the welds hold together under boost. If anyone ever gets worried about efficiency or pressure drop for street car then they got other issues. I've used a few of the e-gay ones.

I JUST WENT ON THE Vecco.com WEBSITE....THEY LOOK GREAT ...WHAT SIZE DID YOU GET ANY PICKS?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned