The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1707 is finally up and running w/ pics

Hi guys,

I am extremely excited to have her back running and it really hauls ass for a street car(hehe)!!! The tune is dead on and it feels great. I had to share with my fellow friends my happiness.

When I bought this car it was a project. The car was FWD due to the input shaft spines were twisted. It is now AWD. I am really enjoying this car. Only thing I need to get done now is figue out how to get my power steering back. Then the 3 bolt lsd was put in they removed the 4WS and I have no clue what to cap off or where to start.

Wendy
Kicking Cancers Ass

Last edited by a moderator:

CarRacer

Good job getting the car back to working order.

There's a howto on removing the 4WS here. Try searching +4WS with the How To section selected.

One tip, I'd locate an upper timing cover. A foreign object in there will tangle with the timing belt and ruin your day.

Nartanian

NICE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif What percent tint?

Last edited:

tsiboy

car looks excellent, throw some springs on there and it will look even better. Great job getting it running again, we are all glad you didn't give up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

The tint is 5% and its dark. I look to get some springs for it also. What would you guys recommend. I have been reading about Evo8/9 springs lowers it just enough, yet some reaise the car due to if its an MR or not. Thanks for the support.

Wendy

1941Galant

The MR and regular springs are the same, it is the shocks that are different. IIRC, the rear springs are fine, but you need to cut a dead coil off of the front springs or else it will ride high. I have evo 8 suspension on my car and love it. The only problems I ran into was that I had to drill the knuckles out for bigger bolts, and I had to make some spacers for the sides of the knuckles since they are a little narrow when using the evo suspension.

Your car looks good though, congrats on getting her running.

Nartanian

Quoting girlieracr4g63:
The tint is 5% and its dark. I look to get some springs for it also. What would you guys recommend. I have been reading about Evo8/9 springs lowers it just enough, yet some reaise the car due to if its an MR or not. Thanks for the support.

Wendy

5%?! Don't cops hassle you? I was thinking bout doing 30% and I'm still iffy about that.

CarRacer

Quoting Nartanian:
Quoting girlieracr4g63:
5%?! Don't cops hassle you? I was thinking bout doing 30% and I'm still iffy about that.

Different states have different laws about tint. MN doesn't permit very dark tint compared to most places in the southern half of the US.

The law here is 30%, I have to have darker tint due to the black seats. Trying to keep it cool. The cops around here dont eally hassle me due to the year of the car. As I progress and get more things in, I will post up more pics. Thanks for all the support guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Wendy

Hey Wendy, where did you end up mounting the wiper fluid reservoir? My battery is in the same spot and I need to find somewhere else to put the reservoir. It looks like its down on the firewall behind/below the battery?

Thanks.

deez

Damn clean car, and my favorite color. want to trade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, the washer resevior is under the battery. I must say I have spent all day with this 4WS delete. I had to run to several stores that carry M14 X 1.5 thread pitch. I finally found some at a hardware store yet they were way too long. Broke out the dremel and cut them to lenth. BTW, no one around here carries AN fittings so I could cap the lines on the steering rack. I used Quick steel, this stuff is awesome. It is a pure pain in the A** to get to those 2 places on the rack to put the bolts in!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I wouldnt do that again if someone paid me. Quick steel is curing overnight. I will give you prognosis in the morning if I have power steering again. Fingers crossed. To all my VR4 friends. Good night

Wendy

Quick steel sucks!!!!! I know what I did wrong so I posted a not turning to right thread. I removed one too many lines. I mangled the line and had to get another line. Line installed. Need to go get some PS fluid and I will let you know how my 4WS delete really went. Thanks for all the replies.

Wendy

mitsuturbo

Quoting girlieracr4g63:

Wendy

Is that the Buschur FMIC in the front there? If so, how easy was it to install?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts