The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

18.5x8.5 ET49

Just like the title, is anybody running this size wheel? My buddy's got some volks for sale and was wondering if that offset is going to clear my GC coilovers?

Dialcaliper

That's going to be a tad too much offset. You'll probably need to use at least a 10mm spacer, maybe 15mm in the rear.

JB

More info on said wheels? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Oops, they're actually 18x8 w/ a 49 offset. Damn...spacers huh. I'd hate to use spacers on a car I drive hard here and there. I forgot to mention I have 5 lug.

They're volk gt-p's. One of my favorite volks.

turbowop

I wondered why the thread title said 18.5's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

IMO, if you're planning to "drive hard", I'd go with 17's. 18's look too big on the GVR4 and there is really no performance benefit to such a large wheel size.

Considering you have a 5lug swap done, you already have a much better selection to choose from over those of us with 4lugs. You should be able to find anything you need with the correct sizing and backspacing pretty easily. And spacers aren't that big of a deal if you really need them. As long as you're not spacing the wheels out a ton. Something like a 5mm or 10mm spacer will be fine.

atc250r

Staff member
I have 17x8's with a 45mm offset and they fit without spacers. I'd bet that if you used a 4mm spacer they'd fit fine. Honestly, they might fit OK anyway but like turbowop said, that is too large of a wheel for these cars.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts