The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DsmLink upgrades coming soon. Speed Density

VR4coop

Looks like it will actually happen in the near future.

DsmLink upgrades

Thanks
Clint

DarkDevilMMM

Just when the old school people that know speed density is free are mostly out of the DSM scene, someone else put together a product to sell to the newbies, first is maft-pro, then dsmlink... very interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

CarRacer

Switchable maps sounds intriguing for the people with access to E85.

How hard is it to run two configurations now?

slugsgomoo

the fact that it doesn't require nearly the know how and tedium of things like dsmap or custom eproms have nothing to do with it right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

yeah it's more expensive, but one of the things when you get something like ECMLink/AEM/etc is support, along with all the people who participate in sharing what they know.

Sure there are cheaper options, but they're a hell of a lot more work too.

DarkDevilMMM

I guess it's just easy to make money off of people who want the easy way out, who never search, or people who just doesn't like to experiment.

Support? The first crack of multiple maps/prom, speed density, and ECU codes/address are done by couple of the members here, these people are never known to the newer kids, all they knew are the common name brands. I am sure if you want to do any of the said above, all you have to do is ask the old time members here. It's not any harder then installing the DSMLinks per se, I wouldn't call it tedious at all.

VR4coop

I don't consider myself a newbie by any means. I've been watching the development for the last 3+ years and will be purchasing it. You're right, I don't the time or patience to run the other systems. The support I have gotten with DSMlink v2.5 is outstanding. This is my hobby, not my life.

Thanks
Clint

Last edited:

strokin4dr

^ +1 Well said.

NateCrisman

Tedious install?

Does this new SD DSMlink somehow install on your latop then the laptop sprouts hands and connects the 5 wires , vacume line, and air temp sensor hole for you?

I can't see how the installation for SD DSMlink is any bit different than SD DS-Map.

DarkDevilMMM

Looks like everytime I say anything there will be someone seems to get offended. I wasn't pointing finger at anyone particular, also I didn't mean newbie in a bad way, just can't find another word for it. I am definitely a newbie.

My point is, all these threads about maft-pro or dsmlinks, there are a LOT of replies on various forums like on tooners that made it sound like it is a sophisticated and brand new product that why no one have ever thought of before. I just think it is very interesting, especially the people who paved the road always get forgotten. I jus have much respect for the people who designed all these inthe first place when there is zero.

I will shut up now, carry on.

4thStroke

Quoting DarkDevilMMM:
I guess it's just easy to make money off of people who want the easy way out, who never search, or people who just doesn't like to experiment.

Or need something simple and requires minimal dicking around because its their dailey driver? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Ben

This isn't what I expected to see in this thread. haha

All I know is that I'm really excited about this and I can't wait.

brisvr4

Quoting VR4coop:
I don't consider myself a newbie by any means. I've been watching the development for the last 3+ years and will be purchasing it. You're right, I don't the time or patience to run the other systems. The support I have gotten with DSMlink v2.5 is outstanding. This is my hobby, not my life.

Thanks
Clint

+1. I'll be buying it shortly for the same reasons as Clint.

Tim

mitsuturbo

Quoting CarRacer:
Switchable maps sounds intriguing for the people with access to E85.

How hard is it to run two configurations now?

It's very simple. You tune with one fuel, get it set up, and save it all to an ecu config file. You can load it at any time with a couple of clicks on your touchpad. You can tune on E85 and do the same thing. You can have as many different config files as your laptop will store, so it's not just two configurations.. it's thousands. It's nice for us Mitsu owners to finally have something on par with Neptune or HonData. I know there are other ways to do things, but i'd rather put my stock into something that has some devoted years of R&D into it, and not some hack and slash mod like a VPC or other such piggy back nonsense. I'd also much rather be using a product that has a wide user base, and a wealth of information out there, as opposed to something like DS-Map which has what looks like a fly-by-night website and a forum reminiscent of a teen chat room.

See thats the thing though DS-MAP may not be ran by such a large company as the makers of ECMlink, but the code has been being used for years and been slowly improved over the years converting over to a more user friendly approach. Also the software itself is free yeah you have to make 5 post to get the software, but thats not a big deal. Instead of having to go out and spend 500+ you can go out and get an AIT, 3 BAR MAP sensor, an ostrich or burn your own chips, and a wideband and you are good to go. Everyone will have their favorite though.

Oh ramsey haha I have one thing to say to you "rubbermaid box" haha

Dsm link > dsm map

donniekak

I have ds-map, and have used tuner pro to burn chips for a mas, and maf-t based setups. I have also been in link cars and seen how easy they are to tune. Saying that ds-map is better is like saying everyone in america should have aem ems in their daily driver. Everyone who mods a dsm doesn't want to learn how to setup a pretty much stand alone setup, or learn how to run an ostrich, or burn chips. I myself love to tinker with computers and cars so i love complete control over my ecu. That isn't for everyone. I don't really get why everyone in the dsm crowd is so into what everyone else is doing with their car. People with hack job cars on jackstands trying to tell people with 600 horsepower cars how to build it is funny as heck. I love my gvr4 and dsm's, but i guess this is the crowd you get with a $1,000 buy in.

strokin4dr

Ok, its been released. Anyone running speed density on ECMlink yet?
I finally have everything I need to run it on the 4g Mirage hatch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned