The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

baby huey build

So my 2.3 build is on the way.

ordered the ams 2.3 storker kits
and punishment racing gt35r with a 44mm tail wastegate

block is in the shop right now is honed and waiting on the stroker kit to get here, to be bored and put together.

i didnt name the build my machinist did

looking for big power

mods already done:
shep stage 2 trans
272 hks cams
greddy cam gears
ported intake
1mm o/s intake valves
exhaust is stock
255 walbros
850cc fic injectors
dsm link
3 gm maft
3in custom exhaust no cat
act fly wheel and clutch

i think thats it

will post more pics as they come

mean_green

Keep us posted man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Not a fan of the 2.3 but I will still droll when this things put together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
-Alan

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Dibs on test driving it.

Looks awesome Brian!

update was rearended by a f250 wit a brush guard last weekend just found out that there going to fix her all back to new and the bottom end is all done just have to wait on the turbo to get here and the rear to be fix and she will be back on the road wit a new paint and motor =)

sixsixtwo

Sweetbuild man! I almost wish someone would rear end me ever so slightly like that so I could get a new paint job! Haha I bet we all do..

464/2K

Wtfs with the block? Paint it black like its supposed to be.

Rausch

^ I vote a color that would let you easily spot leaks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fivestardsm

Hey, if you are having the body shop fix the car, tell them if you want any of your old parts back like the spoiler. They will probably replace it, but they might fix it. anyway, I say this because it might be an easy fix for someone else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I hit a deer a few years back with my 88 t-bird turbo coupe, and told them I wanted all the parts including the headlights and header panel. 3 months later, I had a guy in an eclipse pull out infront of me and slam on the brakes to change lanes. Well I got home that night and had to swap all the parts back over that were usable, threw the front bra back on it, and you could never tell.

That's a good idea I'll do that and keep the parts. I painted the block green cause I want my car to be different and the other fact that I just don't pop my hood for just anyone to see.

yeah i got my turbo in finally just waiting on the clutch and head gasket then the block will be done now just waiting on the dumba** who hit me to get his act together to i can get it fix

464/2K

Quoting 91gvr4gsr:
2.4 block?????i want a stroker so bad lol

2.4l is not a stroker.

Compared to the stroke of the mostly common 2.0 4g63, I'd say it is.

Nice build!

slugsgomoo

by definition, a 2.4L is not a stroker, as it's using the correct crank. a 2.4 crank in a 2.0 block becomes a 2.3 stroker. A 400 crank in a 350 block becomes a 383 stroker...

The point is increasing stroke without increase to deck height or bore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

finally after all this time of waiting my car is finally done had to do some custom work cause of the big turbo half core radiator new charge pipe all thanks to my friend scott who did an amazing job... the car fired right up first try break it went better than ever no overheating no leaks car it doing great on the road runs so smooth but only got 10 miles on it i need to get someone to tune it probably going to english racing to get done

thecman02

Get your break in miles done yet? I want to see some videos!

The green and blue reminds me of the first fast and the furious...not that I've seen it...but I heard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Very nice looking build. I want to see numbers

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts