The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1941 is alive, but not off jackstands

1941Galant

After 3.5 years I was finally able to start 1941 today. I still have a few issues to iron out, but I hope to be driving her this coming week. Unfortunately I made a few stupid mistakes. The first was that I completely forgot to hook a fuel return line up by the gas tank, which was a nice surprise, then I forgot to plug in the 3-prong triangle connector for the starter solenoid and spent a good 6 hours going over the car trying to figure out why it would not turn over. I still need to install the muffler, wire the gauges, install the seats, fix a flat tire (the reason for jack stands), finish the interior, fix the wiring around the battery, and set the timing/idle. I'll get some pictures of her once I get everything together. I would like to thank everyone that has helped me with parts, and inspiration for this build, a short list off the top of my head is:

Everyone at JNZ
Curtis
Zach Jones
Sean (SleepinGVR4)
Jeremy (GVR4ZUM)
Chris (BootedAWD91)
Tom (TurboTommy)
Keydiver for the chip
Andre (grocery_getter) for the fuel system work
Chris (4G63T)
Anyone that has bought something from me, or sold something to me

-Hill

BoostedAWD91

Glad to be able to see her run after all this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif call me when its ready for the 1st ride

GVR4ZUM

Yohoo! That's great news. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif I'll be waiting for some new pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SleepinGVR4

Excellent news Hill! Let me know when your goin to set the timing and what not i'll come over and shoot some video. And btw its about time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1941Galant

Here she is. I've driven her about 5 miles today, the alignment is out of whack, so I don't want to do too much driving until it can be adjusted. I'm having a little trouble with idle surge (rebuilt throttle body is leaking by the seals), but it pulls pretty damn hard, at least until the fuel sloshes to the back of the tank and the pump sucks up air. The 50 trim spools very quickly on the 2.4, especially when the compression is over 200psi in each cylinder.

100_1144.jpg

100_1145.jpg

100_1146.jpg

Last edited:

1941Galant

I haven't had a chance to try them out at night, but I'll try and get some pictures if I take it out later when Sean (sleepinGVR4) comes over. As for who makes them, I am not too sure. Curtis built them a few years back using 93 lenses with 91 housings.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Progress looks good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

GVR4_1057

Congrats on getting it going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4Grim

The car looks great..and congrats on it running.

I am hoping to get 1948 running soon myself.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned