The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

313/1000 Build Thread - New to the GalantVR4.org Family

Chim55117

Hey guys, I'm dc_style and sixsixtwo's little brother. I'm currently 16, and I am in the process of paying dc_style off for 313/1000, which used to be kevbo6204's VR-4. Plans are just to fix the body damage right now, and pay off the car. But anyhow, I thought it would be nice to introduce myself. For the Minnesota guys, I guess this means I'll be the youngest guy at the meet this year? I expect I have a lot to learn from you older guys on the forum!

- Stephen

Pictures from kevbo6204's sale thread:

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

Specs from Kevbo's thread, with TO BE ADDED as things needed to be replaced or going to be installed soon.

ENGINE:
· Forged 8.3:1 Wiseco Pistons
· Bored .020
· Cometic MLS Head Gasket
· Reconditioned Stock Rods
· ARP Head Studs
· Lightly Ported Head
· Reconditioned Head (New Springs, Guides, Valve Job, etc)
· New Front Case (Oil Pump)
· Balance Shafts Removed
· Rebuilt 14B Turbo
· All New Bearings and Gaskets
· All New Timing Components
· Brand New Alternator (1/15/09)
· Brand New NAPA Water Pump (3/20/09) - TO BE ADDED

PERFORMANCE:
· 1G Shifter
· Gasket Matched 1G Intake
· Gasket Matched 2G Exhaust Manifold
· Ported Turbine Housing and EVO 3 O2 Housing
· Custom 3” Turbo Back Exhaust with Magnaflow Muffler
· Boost, Oil Temperature, and Oil Pressure Auto Meter Gauges
Mounted in Dash
· Rewired Fuel Pump
· Rear Mounted Battery with Summit Racing Box
· Keydiver Stage III Chip
· Freshly Cleaned and Flowmatched 560CC EVO 8 Injectors
· 3G Mass Air Flow Sensor with Brand New KN Filter

REPLACED:
· Valve Cover Gasket
· All Radiator Hoses Replaced
· Throttle Body Cleaned and Seals Replaced
· Front Ball Joints
· Power Steering Pump and Rack
· Rear Brake Calipers and Brake Pads Around 140K
· All 4 Brake Rotors
· Parking Brake Cables
· Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder
· Tires (Fuzion HRi) at 150K

SUSPENSION:
· 4WS Disabled - Equipped with Non 4WS Rack
· KYB GR2 Struts
· EVO VIII Suspension - TO BE ADDED

MISC:
· Kenwood Audio Deck
· Pioneer Speakers
· AC Disabled
· Thule Rack

Build/Repair Progress:

3/16/09
Went to the junkyard and found some nice condition 89' headlights to replace the ones damaged in the accident, picked up a pair of corner lights as well, and the piece that goes directly above the bumper.

3/20/09
The water pump broke and the accessory belt snapped. I have to have the water pump replaced in order to drive it. Painted a USDM grille from the garage to replace the broken grille currently on the car. Painted it by prepping it with 1000 grit sandpaper and denatured alcohol and then 2 coats of Duplicolor Primer Sealer, 3 coats Duplicolor gloss black enamel, and 1 coat Duplicolor clear coat.

Last edited:

streetmasters

Looks like you are on your way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
Welcome and good luck!

Boostin21

glad to see your fixing it asap... that was my old car and i miss it very much. keep us updated on the progress.

Nartanian

Quoting chim55117:
Hey guys, I'm dc_style and sixsixtwo's little brother. I'm currently 16, and I am in the process of paying dc_style off for 313/1000, which used to be kevbo6204's VR-4. Plans are just to fix the body damage right now, and pay off the car. But anyhow, I thought it would be nice to introduce myself. For the Minnesota guys, I guess this means I'll be the youngest guy at the meet this year? I expect I have a lot to learn from you older guys on the forum!

- Stephen

Welcome!! dc_style is a great guy!! Don't worry lol I'm not that much older than you.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned