The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another problem with the Galant.

I think 150K mark was a sign that I should've replaced a lot of things before they broke. In the past 6 or so months, I've had the following fail on me while driving:

1. Clutch fork
2. Brake line (!)
3. Upper turbo coolant hose
4. Lower turbo coolant hose

Last night while driving home, the lower turbo coolant hose busted. What a PITA to get it towed to my shop.

The car has 157K now and has been running relatively fine besides the bad gas mileage and these 4 problems. Maybe it's time to get an Evo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Preventive maintenance is very important. Now if the lower radiator hose went expect all the other hoses to go soon also. So if you don't want to get stuck again change the upper radiator hose and while you're at it also the heater hoses.

As far as brake lines if one went I would change them all. You don't want them to break/leak in an emergency stop.

I replaced the radiator and hoses 2 years ago and I replaced the brake lines with some SS ones.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
Preventive maintenance is very important. Now if the lower radiator hose went expect all the other hoses to go soon also. So if you don't want to get stuck again change the upper radiator hose and while you're at it also the heater hoses.

As far as brake lines if one went I would change them all. You don't want them to break/leak in an emergency stop.

+1. These cars would have a lot better rep with some maintenance!

Sorry for your troubles, but we all go through the same pain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned