The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New ETS Intake for those with battery relocated...

I had ETS make me a new intake since the battery got moved back to the trunk. This should help lower the intake temps since it will draw cooler air than the stock style intake. Since I'm still running a 3G mas this is a 3" pipe with recirculation fitting but there's room for a 4" pipe for those running speed density setups. The fitment was really tight but pretty damn good for a shot in the dark as they didn't have a Galant there to fabricate this. The car isn't running again yet but it's almost there. Just thought I'd share since these will be available to the public. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thStroke

Looks good, Jesse. If ETS ever needs a GVR4 to get some dimensions, feel free to give them my number, Im always up loaning the beater out for the good of the community.

Last edited:

evo8ya

awesome... I've been waiting for them to fab something up. Can't wait till these are released to the public. Is there a ETA on them?

Spencer, thanks for the offer! There has been a couple times now where I couldn't get my car up to them so we just took some dimensions and let them work their magic. I'm sure in the future we might hit you up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
These should be available very soon. After the car is back on the road we'll be dyno'ing it and ETS will verify fitment, then see if they want to make any improvements. I can get these for you guys now but there will probably be a small revision to make it fit a little easier (filter was hard to install) and reposition the bov recirculation.

mountaineerjeff

what are you using from the mas to filter? it looks pretty good. and I imagine that the rest of your setup is also ets?
looks great

Sr71sss

jesse,

I noticed the 2 braided lines goin to the t-stat housing?

aren't those the oil lines or are you just not done hooking them up yet?

conrad

btw finally ETS gets a proper turbo intake pipe made

deez

Very nice, I'll take one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Will they offer it with the recirc fitting for the bov?

Looks like a 45* silicone hose and a 45* SS pipe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Jeff, that is just a cheap adapter plate that a local parts place carries for $26, works great! And yes, the rest of the FMIC kit is ETS's Galant kit with stainless pipes and a 3.5" thick black anodized core.

Conrad, the ss line going to the t-stat housing is for water feed to the turbo. There's another ss line coming from the water pipe. The other one hanging out in there is the oil feed to the turbo that isn't hooked up the the head yet.

Edd, no problem! Mine has a recirculation fitting and it won't be a problem to do the same for you.

Jon, you're right. There is a 3"-4" 45* reducer on the turbo, then a 45* pipe with rolled bead ends and a recirculation fitting for the BOV. It's a fairly simple setup.

I thought that was a 4-3in reducer. Have you noticed any lag from that set up? I did the same on my t66 and noticed like 3-400 RPM slower spool!

I haven't run it yet. I highly doubt there will be any spool difference on a 30R, especially since there is a 3G MAS restricting the air. It will probably spool slightly faster if I ditched the MAS and went speed density. At that point I'd use the 4" pipe.

turbowop

I would like a 4" stainless intake pipe to replace the black Dejon one I have now. Would match my IC piping much better. Really only needs to be two 45degree elbows welded together I think. Hell, they don't even need to be bead rolled since the intake doesn't see boost.

I'm sure we can do that for you. No bov recirc? How long is your filter? Do you have a fan on that side that the pipe needs to clear? I'll see if I can find some pics of your car that answer my questions...
Found some. PM me if you're interested and I'll have you give me a couple measurements so we get it right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned