The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fpr Question

dmj

Is this normal with aftermarket fuel pressure regulators? I recently installed A Buschur/ SX fpr,now I have to crank the car about 2 times before starts after sitting for several hours, especially overnight.IF I turn the key in the on position for a few seconds it will start as soon as the fuel pressure builds.

belize1334

+1. Mine does that too. If I shut the car down the fuel pressure bleeds down to zero after a few minutes and it takes a second for it to rise when you first crank the car.

JNR

Maybe a silly question, but what if you put an inline check valve (that 'cracks open' at a low 1 psi or something) on the return side, so that it allows fuel return only when it's running, but does not allow it to bleed when sitting off? Or, maybe the return is not the problem and this boredom and crack is getting to me now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts