The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dyno Day Results!

Lonewolf64

So I took 889 to the dyno for the first time ever. It's basically an Evo3 16g + all the boltons setup. The pull was done on pump gas, but unfortunately I had a slight issue with boost creep and had knock up top and timing pulled.

The tune is just a keydiver chip with no further fuel corrections. Once tuned and boost creep issue is solved, I should be making a lot more power. Now on to the pictures!

The result: 326 awhp, 310 ft/lbs torque
galant20vr4.jpg

Notice I lose power completely after 6,000 rpm. I have a slight boost creep issue which caused knock and pulled timing. I hope to see better results once this problem is fully addressed.

galantdyno4sq8.jpg

galantdyno2dj4.jpg

galantdyno1lr1.jpg

Lonewolf64

It was at 23psi but it crept up to 25psi which is when I got knock and lost all that power up top. This was done on pump gas.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this was all done on the stock block with 175,000 on the odometer.

Last edited:

CarRacer

Good numbers for pumpgas. Still gets you to school as well.

Lonewolf64

Quoting MidEngine210:
Nice numbers. What are the mods?

These are the important power mods:

Evo 8 injectors (maxed out need to upgrade)
Evo 8 fuel pump (maxed out need to upgrade)
2g MAS with short ram intake
Keydiver Chip
Evo III 16g turbo @ 23psi on pump gas
3 inch turboback/Evo III O2 housing
Ported 2g exhaust manifold
Ported/rebuilt throttle body
ETS FMIC
Stock block @ 175,000 miles
Rebuilt stock head at 20,000 miles and HKS 264/264 cams
No further tuning besides Keydiver chip

4Grim

Very nice number! Congratulations...that power is very respectable considering your setup and being a stock motor with 170K+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

turbofonz

Very nice.

Is this corrected or uncorrected?

I want to get my 1g to this power level corrected, but the best I've put down has been ~314awhp.

I'm suprised those Evo injectors are doing that well for you.

wow very nice, currently have the same turbo and on 18psi making about 240whp.....your power is asweome

dmj

From the comments I would say Keydiver did an awesome job on the chip.Probably going with the same setup you have ,nice caryou got there.

Lonewolf64

Quoting turbofonz:
Very nice.

I want to get my 1g to this power level corrected, but the best I've put down has been ~314awhp.

I believe this is corrected and standardized. The results are supposed to be comparable to what most dynojets read. For reference, a stock CTSV put down 325whp on this dyno a few weeks earlier and the same CTSV (now modded) put down 371 whp right after I did. A bolt on WRX with a cobb accessport stage 2 (I have no idea what this means, but that is what the owner called it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif) put down 223whp.

As for the evo injectors in hindsight I should have gotten injectors that are significantly larger and I do not recommend shooting for this kind of power on them. However, at the time of my purchase, I did not know that my stock 165,000 mile 14B would die. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JSchleim18

What BOV are you running? I'm looking to run around the same boost but I've heard the GReddy RS leaks after 20 or so lbs.

Lonewolf64

Dejon tool leak stop mod on a 1g BOV available through the Dejon tool website. Greddy RS is junk--the diaphragm tears like no one's business. On the other hand, the Dejon tool modded 1g BOV is rated to hold up to 30psi. In fact, if I remember correctly, Kiggly used to run 2 of these Dejon tool 1g BOVs in tandem on his 9 second DSM.

JSchleim18

That's what I'm hearing. I may have to get rid of this GReddy junk and pick up a 1G BOV with the dejon kit. Thnks homie

4thStroke

Quoting Lonewolf64:
Quoting turbofonz:
Very nice.

I believe this is corrected and standardized. The results are supposed to be comparable to what most dynojets read. For reference, a stock CTSV put down 325whp on this dyno a few weeks earlier and the same CTSV (now modded) put down 371 whp right after I did. A bolt on WRX with a cobb accessport stage 2 (I have no idea what this means, but that is what the owner called it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif) put down 223whp.

As for the evo injectors in hindsight I should have gotten injectors that are significantly larger and I do not recommend shooting for this kind of power on them. However, at the time of my purchase, I did not know that my stock 165,000 mile 14B would die. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very nice. Without the other vehicles as a reference, those numbers really didnt mean much to me! Impressive numbers.

ktmrider

That is extremely impressive.
For reference the WRX STG2 would usually be in the 240whp range ( basically a STi equivalent ). 223whp is normal for a Mustang dyno, noted for reading lower than a Dynojet.
I also wonder how much more room the ETS system is giving you. Pump gas and ( basically ) no knock at 23psi is simply amazing. That and no meth/H2O tank to refill or worry about....

Lonewolf64

23psi is considered the ragged edge for pump gas that you can get away with on a stock 7.8:1 compression E3 16g setup. If I'm not mistaken CP runs 23psi on pump gas in all his events.

Keep in mind that I did encounter some knock on the top end due to creep. I still have some work ahead of me.

ktmrider

I also wonder how much the knock has to do with MAF over-run? Can't remember how much the 2g MAF can ingest before it hits the wall, 2x Karman or no.
Might be time to get an EVO model else convert to the dreaded SD...

Lonewolf64

I'm nowhere near overruning the 2g MAF. Simply put, the E3 16g is not capable of flowing enough to overrun the 2g MAF. I suspect the knock has to do with my insufficient fuel system (non rewired Evo 8 pump and Evo injectors) and the fact that boost creeped up to 25psi near redline.

ktmrider

Ah yes, I forgot about the E3 16g flow limits/map range.
Out of curiousity what is the 2g MAF flow cap?!?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned