The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The Galant lives again!!!

Ive spent the last couple months being un-employed, during which time i was able to rebuild the motor for the G. I was lucky enough to buy 90% of the parts before i got layed off and then kinda lucky i had the time while not working to put it together. Well i waited way to long to send the turbo off for rebuild or i could have done this weeks ago.

Anyway. the 2.3 feels awesome! Boost is damn near instantaneous. I only had a couple little problems on start-up. Nothing big. Doesnt leak any fluids (i'll know for sure in the morning). I havnt driven the car since Sept and now im freakin jazzed.

I guess you can say my valentine got what she deserved.

ktmrider

Excellent! Great way to pass the down time from work.
Keep us appraised of the finishing touches.

I got a few little things left to do with it. After a bit the meth kit will go on. The unsprung clutch isnt nearly as bad as everyone thinks it is and the off boost power is just great.

4thStroke

Good to hear you got it going. Im hoping to have mine built and running strong within the next couple months or so. We'll see what happens, got to sell my other car first.

Its kinda crazy how many GVR4s there are kicking around this area.

CarRacer

I guess when women are unemployed they clean, and men finish all their car projects. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Congrats on getting it running.

vegeta1170

congrats and please post some pics

bigblock4g63

congrats

As soon as i can get home from work while theres still some daylight to get some good pics ill post some. But 50 miles on it so far and no probs. So far so good.

This 2.3 was my first major mod to the car. I bought the car already modded pretty good. But the engine spun a bearing a month after owning it. My first full on build too. Nothing to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's a couple quick pics i snapped tonight while driving around put miles on the engine to break it in.

2of9

damn nice to see one like that on the road! any pics of the engin....beast in the engine bay? lol.

Ill post some up tomorrow when i get a chance. I just still cannot get over how much better this thing drives with the 2.3. Its a totally different car.

When i was driving around tonight i made a stop to get gas and when i walked out of the store there was a Belize 91 parked by the door. I talked to the guy for a bit told him to get on the forums and register his number. IIRC his 547 or 567 of 2k.

4thStroke

I was out in 786 tonight. I couldnt believe how much better it drives with just TBE. Ryan isnt on here, but he has a Belize Green '92. Was it built at all? Goes back to my point... a lot of GVR4s around here. For a while I thought there were 2 summit whites at Clark, but it turns out he just has different rims on each side of the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I was walking downtown on July 4th and there was a green one at Shanahans, had an EnglishRacing.Net decal on it.

They seems to pop up randomly, people are always telling me they see one on the road.

I just want to build mine already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

ktmrider

Quoting 1457gvr4:
Ill post some up tomorrow when i get a chance. I just still cannot get over how much better this thing drives with the 2.3. Its a totally different car.

Great job!
BTW keep us informed on how that 2.3L runs after break-in. I picked up a nice SB last year and one of the local DSM fellas has some NIB Wiseco stroker pistons/pins/rings cheap. This with the Eagle 100mm crank that 630/Eric at AMS has FS is seriously talking to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

004tsi

Quoting 4thStroke:
I was out in 786 tonight. I couldnt believe how much better it drives with just TBE. Ryan isnt on here, but he has a Belize Green '92. Was it built at all? Goes back to my point... a lot of GVR4s around here. For a while I thought there were 2 summit whites at Clark, but it turns out he just has different rims on each side of the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I was walking downtown on July 4th and there was a green one at Shanahans, had an EnglishRacing.Net decal on it.

They seems to pop up randomly, people are always telling me they see one on the road.

I just want to build mine already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thats mine with the English racing decals on it, My buddy owns Shanahans so I'm there occasionally

Me and another vr4 guy hang out at Billygans in Salmon Creek all the time if anyone wants to hang out and have a beer. They do happy hour after 9pm. Cheap good food and theres alot of hot young waitresses to look at.

I used to go to Shanahan's alot, its been a few years though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned