The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Good non-OEM brands?

Barnes

K. Shopping around Rockauto for a ton of parts for the black car. Sometimes I find it hard to pick parts because I don't know what brands are good. Some of the brands:

Dorman
Beck/Arnley
Bendix
Raybestos
Wagner
AcDelco
A-1 Cardone
Spicer
Moog
Sachs
BCA/National

Any particular brands that are good? Bad? Depends on the part? OR does the highest price = the highest quality?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Beck/Arnley are often reboxed OEM, at least for import cars. I have seen some Dorman stuff that is ok, others not so great.

Spicer and Moog have in the past been pretty good quality.

Bendix, Raybestos and Wagner make decent stuff, usually for brakes. I prefer Bendix or Wagner over Raybestos.

I doubt AC/Delco makes many of their own import parts, except maybe for Honda for which they have been a supplier in the past.

I have not liked what I have seen of Cardone.

1uGlyGalaNt

Mitsuboshi is very good but the parts are very hard to find. WorldPac is the only place around here that carries them.

Sachs is good quality stuff. They're an OE supplier to many European manufacturers.

BCA/National is good. In fact I've seen many of their bearings and seals with the Mitsubishi part number on them which means either they're reboxing OEM or they are the OEM supplier.

G

Staff member
Look here you will have better quality brands & oe parts > click

Barnes

Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep poking around and see what I find.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts