The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front LSD Insert

I have my trans appart for the Welded Center diff, and while it is appart I am thinking about doing the FRONT LSD Insert. Can I get some opinions on them. I need the good the bad and the dirty. Remember this is for a 6-700hp car. So High HP guys please let me know what you think.

Olson

RRE quaife(sp)

thecman02

I have one.... John from TRE explained it to me when I got one. They help some I've noticed. People are probably going to say that you should get the real deal though... especially if you have as much money invested as you do.

Myles

Like a phantom Slip? er I mean grip. I don't know anything about them first hand but I've heard they're junk.

So stick with the stock open front diff until I man up and spend the 1000 bucks on a real LSD Unit.

Dialcaliper

This is a drag car right? You'd probably be better off with a clutch-type in the front, like a Kaaz, rather than the Quaife, since you can give it a preload (independent of the LSD action) to keep the wheels turning together, which doesn't rely on the wheels starting to slip (in a straight line). The helical types do best where you're going to see differences in wheel speed (i.e. turning)

CP

I had the Shep LSD insert but didn't ever drag race with it. It made a BIG difference in corners on a road course compared to stock though. The front end really pulled the car through corners and helped alleviate understeer a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned