The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SS oil feed line thread

mr.mitsu

Hey all, I hope someone can help me.

I have a ss oil feed line I'm trying to install to my oil filter housing.

Here is a pic of the line at the turbo:
IMG00089.jpg

And here is a pic of the mysterious male fitting:
IMG00088.jpg

I need to know the thread of the latter. I plan on using an adapter with the ? (female)-->3/8 BSPT (male)

im just curious what turbo that is...im using a 20g and my ss line goes from the turbo to the head ...

Kenny_Kline

Will that thread fit on the side of the head???

I believe you have to go off the oil filter housing where the pressure sensor is screwed into... not %100 sure on that though.

Last edited by a moderator:

fivestardsm

Please tell me that you are going to replace the zip tie.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Kenny_Kline

LOL @ the ziptie... hahahaha. You can tell the car hasn't been ran yet. First 5 minutes, that sh*t will melt and the turbo blades on the hot side will scrape and you will need a new turbo... again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Here are a few diagrams and pics courtesy of RRE. Here.

That zip tie will NOT work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mr.mitsu

LOL

I just used that zippy for mock-up purposes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But I still need to know the thread...is it NPT, metric, BSPT?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Where did it come from? If you don't know how to figure it out, you may have to take it to a hardware store and match it up to fittings in the plumbing section. Your picture is fuzzy and has no dimensions listed, so how can we even make an educated guess?

The fitting in the oil housing is 3/8 BSPT.

GVR-4

It may end up being easier to just buy a new oil feed line for ~$30.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts