The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Emblem Chroming

cspetros

Has anyone tried to restore the chroming on their trunk emblems? The 'Galant' and 'DOHC...' emblems on both of my Galant's look like the ones in the picture. I tried ordering a set of these from JNZ Tuning a while back, but they are no longer in stock.

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

my galant emblem is also crusty
I have seen stuff made custom before, but I hope we dont have to resort to that

Do a search on the net for motorcycle plastic chrome plating. Whoever does that stuff can re-do your emblem

Last edited by a moderator:

Eighty9TSI

I found ebay to be a great source. A guy who goes by the handle "theemblemguy" or something along those lines. Has everything you could possibly want. Been awhile since I used him (about 1.5 yrs) but he had emblems you couldnt get anymore. Just because JNZ couldnt get them does that mean that every dealer can no longer that that part #? Just curious.

Last edited:

jared50438

at work we have this kit for golding emblems but i wonder if they have a kit to re crome them? i could try and get the name of the company.

JNR

On interiors, a lot of guys use that silver model film that works pretty well. But, not sure it would hold up to the outside. Problem with chroming emblems is they are usually pot metal and then you'd have to paint the other parts; it can be done, but a PITA! Worst case, chrome paint actually looks pretty decent, if done right.

mikus

just a thought (maybe more for white cars) - could shoot it w/ a few coats of niteshade? (lens blackout) it'd cover imperfections and probably keep a decent look, and you're $10 into it.

couldn't be any worse than chrome paint, not that it's a bad option like he said ^

cspetros

I contacted Mitsubishiparts.net about getting these emblems. Here's what they had to say:

"The only thing I can get is the MB551968 GALANT EMBLEM. All the others have been discontinued. I should be able to get 2 of them still. I dont actually have them in stock, but my warehouse in CA does so it will take a few days to get them..."

So I ordered two of them. I guess this is a heads up for others who are looking. Here's the link to the part:
'Galant' Emblem

cspetros

Oh yeah, I think you mean Alsa Corp . There are pictures where people have chromed the entire body of their cars. An interesting look, but I'm not sure about it...

Last edited:

Ralli380Gvr4

link isn't working?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned