The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intake Manifold

The intake manifolds I sell is being installed on a built 2.4L gvr4 (not mine). I'm posting this as I plan on getting some dyno #s to show how they perform. It's flange for a 75mm t-body & the car currently has a 25g. That turbo should top out ~520whp but plans are to change over to a t3 variant turbo with a lot more capabilities. Don't know when it's going to hit the dyno but it's almost done.

Intake Manifold

Last edited by a moderator:

onesickcrx

I think I remeber reading about Buschur trying this and it not working well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif... Any pics inside the mani? Best of luck with it looks like it would be best of both worlds bottom end power and top end

We've seen 110 whp gain on a race car 10 years ago so we know it works /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Just can't find any data from back then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif so the quest is on to gather more current data.

14u2nV

Is that bolt for adjusting the inner volume? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

381gvr4

^^^ In DUBS defense, it states with TB flange and polished TB, FYI!

slugsgomoo

if you really want manifold comparison data, you're going to need to dyno with another known manifold or stock, on the same setup, otherwise the power numbers are meaningless.

belize1334

Will you have consecutive runs w/ this manifold vs. another? The problem I see in most cases when people make power claims is that they just throw it together and say, "look it made 70whp more than anybody else's 16g setup" without actually doing consecutive on the same car etc. It'd be nice to see a truly rigorous comparison where changing the manifold was THE ONLY INDEPENDENT FACTOR and EVERYTHING else was left unchanged. Of course by manifold I mean manifold / tb / necessary pipes etc. Consecutive testing only works if you can actually assemble stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .

Edit: garr... slugs beat me to it.

Last edited:

89coltgt

I am interested to see how much of a gain over a stock manifold would be, I could make one for the truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

We have a Dyno & the tests will be compared with just simply changing manifold/t-body & coupler or pipe to fit the stock manifold. The hp #s on the site are conservative due to different setups will give different results. Actual #s were ~100+ whp on a fwd race car.

These manifolds have graced the engine bays of some local cars for over 10 years now. All the cars were in the 550+ whp range back then & were all daily drivers & they're still around today. None of the manifolds have failed to perorm under normal conditions (nitrous backfire doesn't count as normal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

On a street car with mild mods, don't expect to see these gains. The best part is the daily drivability & loss of less low end torque.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned