The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who here is in 10s?

Brianawd

Lol. I'm not in the 10s yet or is a 11.17 close enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Brunoboy

Quoting Mark:
Besides me and brianawd who else in in 10's or low 11's?

We all have to talk..

whats your setup? lol

Sean92AWD

Hopefully this year. But wont know till warm weather arrives.

onesickcrx

It is funny this came up. I was about to post who has the 10 fastest 1/4 mile Galant's in America should be intresting too hear these responces. I looked on dsmtimes.org but I think there could be a few not on there...

Last edited:

Mark

^^

Mwe and brian was discussing this last night. Wasn't Dan S car driven by curt brown when made he 9 sec pass.. Thats like saying your car went 7s but john force was driving (just example).

i dont think so. im pretty sure dan drove it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vtecds1

If it's 0-60...I`m definitely in!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Garage_Defeat

Quoting 9t1tsi:
this year low 11s. dan s is in the 9s

Curt drove the car in '04 and made a handful of low 10s passes before the Fuel fire. Took me a few years to rebuild it after that.

Fast forward:
Sandy and I rebuilt the car and ran the car again in '07.

With only me behind the wheel I finally ran a 9 second pass.
My best et: 9.91, best trap 148 mph, best 60 ft 1.36 s.

-Dan

Quoting Garage_Defeat:
Quoting 9t1tsi:
this year low 11s. dan s is in the 9s

Curt drove the car in '04 and made a handful of low 10s passes before the Fuel fire. Took me a few years to rebuild it after that.

Fast forward:
Sandy and I rebuilt the car and ran the car again in '07.

With only me behind the wheel I finally ran a 9 second pass.
My best et: 9.91, best trap 148 mph, best 60 ft 1.36 s.

-Dan

That is awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Lonewolf64

From the sounds of TheBoz's thread somewhere on the forum, he is soon to hit the 10s on his setup.

turbowop

From the sounds of a lot of people's setups they should be in the low 11's but they aren't, including me. It's not as easy as people think and takes more than just a bunch of go-fast parts. Launching and shifting these things to those e.t.'s and traps can be a bitch if they don't act right.

I ran a couple of high 11sec passes back in '05, but haven't really raced since then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

Last edited:

Brianawd

^^^^^^^
Yep a lot of people are going to have a big wake up the first time they head to the track with a new set up. Hell last year it took me tell the end of the year to get the car dialed in. Then after that I had to get used to how the car responded at the track. Street driving and the track are two way different things

Sean92AWD

What do you mean? I cant just slap a 4088, aem, and a FMIC on my stock car and run 10's?

I owned a 10 second car before. Low 11.4-11.9 isnt too difficult. Its that last .5-1.0 thats a pain in the ass. So much more money for just a second. Took a year of dynoing adjusting and driving too go from a 11.7-10.7.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts