The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone with tubular manifold advice?

I want to do a t3/t4 turbo set up. External wastegate. I was looking at DN Performance' manifold, it look like it keeps the turbo close to the stock location which is good for having to redo ic piping and downpipe.

I was also looking at the turbonetics cast manifold with the external wg flange on it. Which also looks to keep the turbo close if not exactly where its stock location is.

DNP is about 550 and turbonetics was just under 500. Anyone have any experience with either? Is the dnp 100% tig welded? I had a friend that got some tubular manifold somewhere that was mig welded and then gone over with a tig to clean it up. It ate 2 16g's.

onesickcrx

The only thing I know about DNP is they seem to have decent prices on there parts. The four company's I would say have the best craftsmanship on a tubular manifolds are JM Fabrication, AMS, Shearer Fabrication, Full race. This is just how I feel. The Forced performance cast manifold is really good to if your not dead set on a tubular...

Best of luck deciding

onesickcrx

Good point my mistake. Also any reason you don't want to use a more updated turbo like FP green or gt30R instead of T3T4?

spooling92vr4

my full race manifold forced me to modify the front mount because it pushed the turbo down a bit farther... if i could do it all over again i would just go with an fp manifold and get an exhaust housing for the t3/t4

Well both of the manifolds i've mentioned are within my price range. This will be primarily a street car. I might go drag it once in awhile but probably not much. I like the t3/t4's because of the variety of exhust turbines you can choose or have swapped.

JSchleim18

Mach V Manifold

It's another option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I did have their other tubular manifold designed for a stock/DSM flanged turbo and that did crack on the weld on the #4 runner. I sold it but the guy who bought it from me got it re-welded and it's as good as new!

Last edited:

Brianawd

I have a DNP on my car. Its flanged for a mitsu turbo. I know with DNP its hit and miss on if they will crack. I have seen them go 50k and still no cracking. I have also seen them go 2k and crack. If you are will to spend just a little more money take a look at this manifold click

Wow i was just lookin on MA Performance and found tha Treadstone is selling either the exact same or a replica of the turbonetics cast manifold for 180 bucks cheaper. 295 to 484. I got some thinkin to do.

The punishment maifold is sweet ass piece, but a little to spendy for my tastes. The mach v is another option, thanks for the heads up with that. As far as anything cracking goes, i can get anything i need welded at anytime. For a short while my friend and i were making log manifolds for sentra's. All tig.

bazeng

The cast Turbonetics manifold requires you to run the non 4bolt type exhaust housing for a t3 type turbo if running something like a GT30 turbo.

They are a solid unit though.

I'm running a 6boost manifold.
They are made in AUSTRALIA.

www.6boost.com

They do alot of the fastest cars in AUSTRALIA.

Lifetime warranty.

Appreciate it. The website is under construction right now. Got any pics of yours? Whats the price tag?

JSchleim18

And another thing...the DNP mani is flanged for a 44mm WG and the Mach V has a flange for a 38mm wastegate.

bazeng

The 6boost stuff is about $1200.00 AUD.

Converted to USD, the exchange rate is about 67c to the AUD.

Some quick searches found these.
Not 4g63 but his work...

click
click
click

Some pics of the manifold on page 1.

click

Thanks for the info. I also got some info about the turbonetics piece. Boost creep was that bad?

boostin4door

click Check this out....
The ERL looks like a good piece. It's cast so it can hold those heavy big turbo'sand pulls them out from the block [no need for water pipe bashing];-)
Also I like that fact that you can choose what flange you need. Mitsu, T3, T4.

Gimpin

Quoting 1457gvr4:
It ate 2 16g's.

I dont understand ... how did the manifold eat the turbo?

It was mig welded at first and then gone over with a tig to smooth out the welds. But there was still a bunch of slag and bits of wire still inside then when heated up, dropped into the turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned