The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternator Woes

So start the car this morning everything runs perfect even though we hit like -50 below last night. Start driving in Twin Cities traffic bumper to bumper and radio starts turning on and off. Turn the volume down radio stays on. ABS light comes on dim. Goodbye alternator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Have it at CarX right now getting the alternator put in and biting the $480 bullet. I know I should install it but its -35 right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Was the original alternator too was due anyways. At least I don't have to work today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mikus

sucko
hope they put a good alternator in (or cover labor if it needs warranty service)!

Chad989of2000

Save paperwork, most have lifetime warranties.

Nartanian

hey are u the owner thats sellin ur gvr4?

Yes I am the seller of that VR4 that now has a new alternator in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif YEah the weather was just peachy here today.

Nartanian

yea! its never ever been this "warm" in MN lol jk.

Got the car back at about 1pm and they did a great job with the install and even cleaned the engine bay pretty good too. Damn midwest salt roads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad you got your car back and 480 for an alternator install damn. I would ahve done the same thing though in your situation lol.

3rdstrikedsm

The worst part is their cost is 121.98 and the rest is profit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I used to sell them parts, I am in the wrong business for damn sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

It is however a good quality reman alt with a lifetime warr.

Last edited:

14u2nV

ROugh, paying $500 on a car your going to sell,, talk about a loss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

YEah taking a loss for sure however it is my daily so you gotta do what you gotta do. As for the profit thing yeah I stopped at Autozone on the way I think the alternator was around 140 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey I think our Alaska weather got sent down to you. We had two weeks of below zero and most of it was -30 to
-40. And I think I sent along with it an alternator gremlin. Mine did exactly the same thing Monday night. I plan on changing it this weekend.

YEah thanks for the weather /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I wish I had a garage or something heated I wouldve done it as well. Part of renting I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Well maybe the weater we have now will getto you next. It was in the hi 40's and low 50's yesterday. The last three days school was out because the streets are glare ice with water on top and anything off the heavy travel roads its nearly undrivable. I think I like the cold better.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts