The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So Bullseye Power seems to have issues with their chra's?

I purchased a .47 trim from Slowboy racing that they call their "m-trim". Well about 500 miles later it comes off the car for the engine build. I noticed alot of shaft play and on further inspection i noticed wear on both housings. Im sending it back to hopefully be rebuilt free of charge.

I've also been doing some research on dsmtuners and have found info on Bullseye's s256. A couple of guys on there have had the same issues. Apparently Bullseye told them the shafts were purple from oil starvation but would still fix them. Those guys were getting their feed from the filter housings. I get mine from the head via ss line. I've always ran a turbo timer so i know that isnt an issue.

These turbo's were all purchased roughly around the same time. Anybody care to speculate? A bad batch of chra's maybe? I was told they are garret.

Gordian79

well you dont get as much oil from head then you dont from filter housing.remember off the head oil has to pass through entire engine before it gets to head.filter is a direct shot.off the head is recomended for ball bearing turbos since you have water in there too and need lower oil pressure for it.

Exactly.

That turbo is a garrett. It has garrett components and garrett engineering in it. If it fails, it is because it was not balanced or the components are faulty.

Oil starvation can occur when you have too high oil pressure. It literally blows by the seals and doesn't feed the bearings. Do you have bshafts?

The BW users with failures have no bshafts, no restrictors and feed off the OFH.

gtluke

Being that I'm an admin on a forum they sponsor, I can't comment here.
Use your imagination on how I would normally comment on this subject /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BoostedAWD91

well they are garrett turbo's with just the bullseye housings correct? I bought a t3/t04b from bullseye like 2 years ago and havent got to use it yet so if something happens to it right away they probably wont fix it since its so long since i purchased it.

Its a BW compressor, garret center and mitsu xhst housing. I have no balance shafts and from what i understand you cant get too much oil pressure from the head. I was told 20 psi is about what you get from the head.

THEKID

you have to call bullseye i had the same problem with the 57 trim. we upgraded to the s200 we called bullseye. they sent us a special oil restrictor piece that threads to the inlet oil feed side of the housing. it is something you only find out about if you call them direct.

gtluke

or if you know anything about turbo's
I have a nitrous fuel jet in my oil feed line.

I know about that trick too. Machine the fitting down to put the jet in place of the flare. I've been searching the last couple of hours and found numerous discussions regarding ofh + restrictor and straight from the head.

One guy actually hooked up a gauge to the head and got 20-30 psi. He didnt specify wether with or w/o bs.
Also from what i got, a restrictor will not lower pressure, just volume.

Many people have run stock turbo's from the head for 100k+ mi. If i remember correctly SBR did say to run from the head, but dont quote me on it. Im just tryin to research and find out myself w/o callin them with some question im sure they have answered a thousand times. I'm not one to start posts about stuff that has probably already been covered somewhere. I search as much as i can and if i dont find what i need i'll ask.

I've also gotten info from different vendors sayin to go from the head and others say the ofh. So if anyone has any input, it is appreciated and taken into consideration.

Brianawd

Quote:
Its a BW compressor, garret center and mitsu xhst housing Quote:

Buy a new turbo from some place else.

That turbo is a garrett. It has garrett components and garrett engineering in it

No its not. Its a f***ing MUTT. Look at all the different sh*t it has. Garrett does not use BW compressor wheels. Those f*** tards at
Bullseye Power can't build a turbo for sh*t. Why do you think they have changed there name so many times.
Lets see They started as the dsmshop. Then they ripped a sh*t ton of people off and so they changed there name to Extreme turbo. After they fucked more people over they changed the name again to patera motorsports and from there we get Bullseye Power. They have alway built sh*t from the start and will keep building sh*t.

Last edited:

First im gonna have them warranty it. If they give me any lip or try to charge me any money i'll just tell them to pound sand. I'll just have to poney up the dough and buy something good. I've been checkin out fp's lineup.

I think i've found the info i need as far as the oil feed goes. This thread was just meant to gather some info anyone else had to offer.

Quoting Brianawd:

Lets see They started as the dsmshop. Then they ripped a sh*t ton of people off and so they changed there name to Extreme turbo. After they fucked more people over they changed the name again to patera motorsports and from there we get Bullseye Power. They have alway built sh*t from the start and will keep building sh*t.

ownage

At this point i wouldnt be surprised if the warrantied turbo fails. Even though just for shits and giggles im gonna run the feed from the ofh w/ a restrictor, hopin it works, even for a little bit.

Im lookin for a good turbo that my 2.3 will light quick and have a broad power band. Anyone ever see the flow chart for my turbo? Not so cool.( turbo came with car when i bought it. a friend was experimenting.)
Im hopin it works out, at least for a bit. Until i can get my feet back under me and be able to afford a real turbo.

The ony reason he went with this turbo is because we've had so much success with the ebay t3/t4. They have worked on several se-r's we put together and to our knowledge, still run today. (i was the test rat originally.) We're just big fans of goin fast for cheap. Sometimes it dont work out.

slugsgomoo

if you want to run a borg warner turbo, why not just buy one from a reputable vendor and ditch the BEP crap?

If you want something fun with a 2.3L why not consider something like an FP3065 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

That I did NOT know. I thought they atleast assembled the BW turbos with BW parts.

EDIT: It looks like they do use all BW parts in all their turbos including their ones with garrett wheels. And apparently they build all their chargers in house .

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting slugsgomoo:
if you want to run a borg warner turbo, why not just buy one from a reputable vendor and ditch the BEP crap?

If you want something fun with a 2.3L why not consider something like an FP3065 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Im definately considering something from FP. I'm not workin right now so i only got a few bucks to play with here and there. But if and when the turbo dies im goin to FP for something. I've also got a meth kit to install as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned