The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dynoed today

Vman911

I put down 307 HP and 292 torque @ 21 PSI on pump gas.

Car has:
20G
680 injectors
Evo mas
Evo8 Pistons. Rods (8:8:1)
Frount mount
DSM chip

272 cams and meth kit coming soon.

steve

You have an upgraded fuel pump right?

Hksvr4

Is that wheel hp?

Edit: my bad..nice numbers.

Last edited:

steve

I've never heard anyone report anything but whp from a dyno. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

boostedinaz

Nice to see the car running again. I take you have had better luck with this engine than the last?

steve

So why stop at 21psi? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad to hear Vinny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. You still have some room on that 20g. Like Steve said, why did you stop there?

Vman911

Well I drove it 50 miles to dyno...Wanted to make it home...Didn't want to push it to much. I just wanted to see where it was at.

I got a line on a intake for cheap and a meth kit (for free).

curtis

Quoting Vman911:

I got a line on a intake for cheap and a meth kit (for free).

Hey quit bragging....I pooped in the meth kit box for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

By the way PM me before you come up this way.

dc_style

Very nice. I just dynoed my car today and I'm sitting at 307 as well... very similar setup. 20g, 660ccs, fmic and piping, 3 inch exhaust, 2gmas. 272 cams.. Can't wait to drive it.. how was the drive home for you?

charmcity

Quoting dc_style:
Very nice. I just dynoed my car today and I'm sitting at 307 as well... very similar setup. 20g, 660ccs, fmic and piping, 3 inch exhaust, 2gmas. 272 cams.. Can't wait to drive it.. how was the drive home for you?

307whp with those mods im no expert by far but is that not low...Really just asking.
How much psi you running?

dc_style

i'm running 20 lbs of boost. rather keep it on the safe side. i'm not going for hp numbers, i'm going for reliable everyday hp. we'll crank it up when i put in some bigger injectors and methanol kit. until then, i think i'll be happy with "just" 307 hp. haha.

307 whp is low for that turbo but I understand there are other factors to keep in mind. Those turbos with the proper supportin mods should be ~370+ whp.

RedTwo

Convert it to flywheel power and never tell people if its at the wheels or flywheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
307whp could be in the region of 390-395 flywheel HP if you start using high drive train loss estimates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

mikus

Side note... A dyno (would have to be honesty system) and 1/4 (timeslip copy required?) sticky would be nice. Have seen similar on other sites, very handy to look at.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts