The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bridgestone Potenza RE960 vs. Michelin Pilot Sport Plus

496of2000

Anyone ever use these on their VR-4s? I can't decide to pay the extra $$$ for the Michelin's. I searched and the only negitive on the RE 960s are they are mushy on turn in, due to soft sidewalls. The bridgestones are -129.00 less.

Gvr4-330

I just put RE960AS Pole Positions on my Mazda and while they are a bit more mushy on turns, it's not anything too severe and I think for me most of it comes from going from a 215/45-18 summer to a 225/50-17 all-season.

One thing I did notice is the sidewalls stick out far beyond the wheels, which is nice to help prevent curbing. And they're quiet, and have decent traction, even in the cold and wet. Haven't tried them in real snow yet though.

Rob

496of2000

Thanks for the input. My old yokohamas yk420s have dry rot. I`ll get the bridgestones from discount tire.

JSchleim18

I've had a set of the RE960's on my GVR-4 for 2 years. Too bad I haven't gotten more than 200 miles out of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

496of2000

I had my local discount tire install the RE960s. They ride smoother than the yokos and don't track the grooves in the highway. I'll let you know how they handle, after I pass the 500 mile break in period.

Michelin's are so much better than bridgestone's
The best tire combination would be a summer tire the Michelin PS2 and snow Pilot alpin pa3
Michelin spends the most money in R/D

Class-Leading All-Weather Performance2
MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires are the only UHP tires in the Michelin lineup to offer TriFusionâ„¢ Compound - three different compounds bonded together on the tread face for superior all-weather performance
Best-in-Class Wet Grip2
State-of-the-art directional tread pattern and wet-weather silica compound combine for extreme wet-weather control..
Best-in-Class Tread Life, Without Compromising Performance2
MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires are the first to make use of the enhanced MaxTouch Constructionâ„¢ - a tire design innovation that delivers dramatically improved tread life without sacrificing performance. MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires are backed by a 45,000-mile limited warranty.3

Michelin puts silica in the thread base of the tire and bridgestone does not(helps on wet weather condition).
Michelin and bridgestone have equal bead designs
Michelin has a more aggresive thread pattern then the bridgestone
Michelin has MaxTouch(max grip) and C3M(steel belt construction) and TriFusion(silica(wet), carbon black(dry)) and full depth sipes(consistent handling as the tire wears down) and variable contact patch(consistent handling as you go until a corner braking and then flooring it out of the corner) and the list goes on and on and on.
click
Bridgeston has one thing uni-t which is o-bead and carbon black LOL LOL sorry I forgot HES (which means a dirrectional thread pattern and is michelin has a better one)
But I have some good news for you bridgestone has a Buy & Try 30 Day Guarantee I suggest you use it.

Also to make things clear I have sold both Michelin and bridgestone in my 7 year tire carrer and I have also been to both of there testing grounds. Michelin is the clear leader.

496of2000

Consumer reports rated Michelins the best, but price is what swayed me.
Now I just need to adjust the fronts to 32 psi and rears to 29 psi.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts