The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Defroster element Repair

BoostedAWD91

Has anyone repaired the elements for the rear defrosters before? I know u can buy stuff from the auto parts store to fix them but didnt know if they are any good or not. I have 5 elements that arent working. One group of 3 and a group of 2. Just wanted to know who had success repairing and any hints on a easy fix.

clipse90gsx

i tried it on my car but i had no luck. i might not have done it right but who knows haha. only the top half of mine works. im just going to replace the rear window when i paint my car.

Specter

I tried using nail polish on my friends car, making straight lines with the red color nail polish and it works great actually

CP

Sorry, but there's nothing that works well.

atc250r

Staff member
I had OK results with the kit that Permatex makes. Keep in mind, this was almost 15 years ago when I used it on a customer's car.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned