The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rota wheels

deez

Does anyone know of a dealer that sells Rota wheels for a decent price? I've been looking around, but there doesnt seem to be many online dealers.

deez

The p45f in 17", gunmetal or bronze with polished lip, 4x114.5

HHIVR4

Tough wheel to find..I have yet to see any 17' and our proper offset for a while..Ill keep my eyes peeled for you.They arent that much different than the Slipstreams if you want to settle for something readily available..

deez

What offset works best? I have 40 now, they are okay, stick out a bit. The slipstreams are okay, I would prefer a polished lip though.

HHIVR4

I have bronze slips 17x7.5 in 45 offset they are pretty much perfect fit.No sticking out in the front but spacers wouldnt hurt in the rear to even out the track.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

+2 on Machiii. I ordered from them twice without any issues.

deez

Why the no on the rotas?

Hertz

Staff member
I think the gist of it is that they are cast, not forged, yet some of the designs are copies of forged wheels.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

There are a million other things on a DSM/GVR-4 that will break before those rims will do.

I have rota subzero's on my car and have had zero problems even with all the crappy roads in Omaha.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I've had 3 different sets of slipstreams. One set of 16x7 on a 93 civic coupe which I autoxed at least once a month. The second set was also a 16x7 on a 91 eclipse gsx with some meaty 225/50-16's and drag raced the crap out it. Third set were 17x8 on the galant with 245/40-17 tires. Didn't autox or go to the track with this setup but they got their share of potholes driving through Manhattan. No cracks, no bends, no peeling, no warping no issues on any of the 3 sets.

ApexHunter

Quoting BadVr4:
they are cheap wheels.

Fixed

My experience in this game is you get what you pay for (for the most part). It seems it would be worth it to shell out a little extra for a quality product because you could end up paying out a lot more in the long run if one of those wheels fails on you. Who knows, maybe they won't, but with all the time, effort, money etc. one might have invested it seems like a bad idea.

I dunno, but I have drag raced, auto-X'ed, and street driven my subzero's and have had no problems whatsoever. Not sure if you had a fluke wheel or what. Here is a pic of a broken factory wheel, which are designed to take a beating. one pic of a failed wheel does not constitute a bad company.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadVr4

Quoting ApexHunter:
Quoting BadVr4:
they are cheap wheels.

Fixed

My experience in this game is you get what you pay for (for the most part). It seems it would be worth it to shell out a little extra for a quality product because you could end up paying out a lot more in the long run if one of those wheels fails on you. Who knows, maybe they won't, but with all the time, effort, money etc. one might have invested it seems like a bad idea.

$hit happens. that could have happened with any wheel. your one bad experiece will not prevent me or many others from buying them. they have been an excellent wheel for me an many other people with no problems

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned