The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4 wheel steering

Vman911

what are some of your guys opnion's on the 4 wheel steering? I have no problems with mine so far. I just got a 4 bolt LSD this weekend and was thinking of keeping my 4WS and swaping the guts on the pumpkin's. Keep it or get rid of it? does it help that much? Thanks Vinman

Quoting Vman911:
what are some of your guys opnion's on the 4 wheel steering? I have no problems with mine so far. I just got a 4 bolt LSD this weekend and was thinking of keeping my 4WS and swaping the guts on the pumpkin's. Keep it or get rid of it? does it help that much? Thanks Vinman

Personally id keep it, its getting even rarer to see a gvr4 with full intact AWS, i replaced my entire unit to keep mine..

just my .02
Jesse

Lonewolf64

Remove it. It will be a pain in the ass later on when it breaks (and it will break).

CarRacer

Keep it.

I'm contemplating the same thing. If mine works I'm keeping it. It's one of the things that makes our cars unique.

On the other hand, if it's broken I'm taking it out. Parts are scare or not available and it will be a huge pita to fix.

jepherz

Staff member
I pulled it on one of my cars even though it worked cause I built it for performance. Another I plan to just drive on the street, so I'm going to keep it as long as it works and doesn't leak.

Ralli380Gvr4

keep it until it breaks or doesn't function correctly and then decide.

pachood_1953

Quoting jepherz:
I pulled it on one of my cars even though it worked cause I built it for performance. Another I plan to just drive on the street, so I'm going to keep it as long as it works and doesn't leak.

So how do you know if it "works"? I cant really tell what mines doing back there. Our's dont move under 30ish MPH does it?

belize1334

Find a windy road. Then take a medium corner and accelerate from 20mph to 30mph. Around 25 mph you'll feel the tail step in which will cause your steering radius to increase and the point of rotation to move forward. You'll have to turn in more to compensate and keep in on the road. When that happens it's doing what it's supposed to. At freeway speeds it makes merging and abrupt lateral movements easier. It's only problem when you spend time transitioning at the change over speed because it upsets the motion of the car. So if it's a DD and you don't care, then keep it. If you're doing autox or something like that then you'll want to rip it out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned