The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bumper support

1941Galant

Front or rear? I believe the rear supports are different between FWD and AWD models, and if I remember correctly the front support on the VR4 has two slots in it to let air pass through the support, I think they do bolt up the same though.

Hill

Vman911

Yes the front support.

Who ever had my car cut the support in 1/2. No middle section for FMIC. I want to get another one and cut a U shape in it for better support of bumper.

GVR4_1057

I just looked at a FWD bumper this weekend. The center is solid and there are no foglight provisions but it looks like if you cut the center bottom out that it will work.

curtis

Vinny the bumpers are different and have you have to drill some holes to work. The white bumper from billy's car I brought back to the house from T's shop and it had been modded to fit the car but didn't have a front mount cause it wouldn't fit. The cover and support that went on that car have since been trashed . Best thing to do is just get some steel and weld it up in the center. On mine I hacked the cover and then the holes in the middle were cut straight across and I welded in some flat steel on the ends and areas that were open.

Next time you come up bring the car or bring the bumper ends and the usdm factory brackets, Mine are going to 14bcrazy, That way we can just mount on mine and weld in some steel. Oh steel bring some of that also. Box tubing, 4 pieces or round 1 inch or so , You got the idea.

Last edited:

GVR4_1057

Looks like a 93 USDM with the emblem hole filled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

curtis

^correct. Filled the emblem with JB weld and sanded down then red primer then a coat of Green matches almost perfect. The emblem was from a Big body VR4 from Japan.

Quoting GVR4_1057:
I just looked at a FWD bumper this weekend. The center is solid and there are no foglight provisions but it looks like if you cut the center bottom out that it will work.

Didn't want to start a new thread so I figured I'd bump this one..
Can anyone confirm this? I'm in the same boat as the OP, my bumper support is hacked apart and I found a base galant (1992) at the junk yard and I was going to take the front bumper support however I wasn't sure if it will fit. I will be modding it to fit around a smaller FMIC that I have.
-Jason

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts