The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A photo in the Sunlight

14bCrazy

Now I'm down to one more problem to figure out. The waste gate isn't closing so it is leting exhaust exit though the dump which will draw all kinds of attention. I'm going to have to take the turbo back off and see whats up. I just thought I would shot a quick photo of her in the Sun. Which is not something I'm used to seeing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14bCrazy

Already monkey'd with it. Have to take it apart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Is that an e-bay 16g? I had that problem on a friends car once and I just had to wiggle it back and fourth several times with aggression.

steve

NICE 4x4!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14bCrazy

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Is that an e-bay 16g? I had that problem on a friends car once and I just had to wiggle it back and fourth several times with aggression.

I'm not sure. I've had this turbo for 6 years.The issue just started after I rebuilt it. Before I worked fine.

GVR4_1057

It is a real MHI big 16G. The big flapper is hanging up on the sealing surface counterbore when the flapper is at it's extreme inward travel.

14bCrazy

Like he said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marvinmadman

I had one that was off center already. I just beat the shaft in with a hammer to re-center it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned