The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g DSM Exhaust?

Hey guys!

I have two 1g DSM's and a GVR4. In the next year or so, I hope to be down to just the Galant, which is currently stock. One of my 1g's is my DD, the other was a project that I simply don't have time or money for. So, when the time comes I'm going to harvest some parts off the project 1g, the 5 lug hubs and 4 bolt lsd subframe. The car is also equipped with a MHI 16g, 3" downpipe, test pipe, and cat back.

Now obviously the 16g will work, but what about the DP, TP, and CB?

Andy_S

This has been covered a lot on this site. Search for it buy using "+" in front of the word/words your searching for.

ktmrider

DP is good, making the TP longer by a few inches will allow the CB to hook up.
Needs a little massaging but can happen.

Quoting Aspod:
This has been covered a lot on this site. Search for it buy using "+" in front of the word/words your searching for.

Thanks for the search tip! I've always used quotes, but it doesn't seem to work on message boards... I'll try the "+" next time.

Sweet thanks Mike! BTW, my KS is in the mail, and I just scored a *barely* used O2 off Dave... now I need to get some lifters in the mail, and hopefully no more knock! Voltage is holding perfectly!

Last edited by a moderator:

ktmrider

Awesome, glad to see her back on the road!
Now I gotta go home and recharge the battery on mine. Wife drove it like I asked and my daughter did not close the door all the way....

When do you get back into town? You'll have to come see the car, it's pretty impressive considering it's history. I've got some big plans in the works...

ktmrider

Be back in about 1.5 weeks, maybe earlier.
Between you and Ethan/Ralli380 my "lightly modded" GVR4 is gonna be jealous.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hehehe... I kinda doubt your *increadibly* clean car is going to be jealous... but yeah, plans have changed.

gtluke

i just had to move the exhaust hanger locations to get it to work on mine. i have a VRS cat-back with the no muffler option. as in it ships with no muffler attached. i bought a huge magnaflow because i wanted a 3" exhaust and didn't' want it loud. i also hate coffee can sized exhaust tips. so i just have a stainless 3" tip

Interesting... I guess I'll just try installing it and see where to go from there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned