The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RWD GALANT????????

FCR

this is on Hertz's home page. I just rescently asked about it... It is a selectable tranny

14u2nV

Selectable trannys are for FWD/AWD selection. That one IIRC was set up to be rear wheel drive by modifying the tranny and plugging the two front shaft outputs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brianawd

From my understanding a selectable tranny only lets you go from AWD to FWD. Not from AWD to RWD. But I could be wrong. They also could have done a welded center diff and just used dummy front axles.

grocery_getter

2G DSM has the right body style for drifting. Something about the sheet metal curvatures that look so sexy going sideways. I've setup 2 AWD tranny in RWD mode and they are both on 2G.

Hertz

Staff member
Oops, sorry to give misinformation... Kenny is right, the selectable trans is FWD/AWD.

CutlassJim

2G, welded center diff, dummy axles, and a super worn out rear viscous.

DSCN2177.jpg

A MUCH better RWD burnout car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

DSCN2166.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts