The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So 1942 is moving up north...how should I prepare?

Car has always been a southern car. Never seen snow, never seen any rust. Anything I can do before moving to ensure the car doesn't turn into a pile of rust once its up north? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Will you be using it during the winter weather? Will it be kept outside or in a garage? Where are you moving to?

John

Back home to Rockland County. I'm sure you'll see me out there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes. Outside.

Quoting JohnG:
Car has always been a southern car. Never seen snow, never seen any rust. Anything I can do before moving to ensure the car doesn't turn into a pile of rust once its up north? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Wash/Wax, i also Spray out the under side of the car after driving in salt. Also the trucks that spray what ever chemical it is on the highways before a big snow storm DO NOT get behind one, that stuff will eat your car..

my car was an Idaho car all its life now in Ohio, and has NO rust..

Jesse

G

Staff member
Real simple keep it in a garage & don't drive it in winter. By a winter beater.

G

Staff member
I know their so fun to drive in the winter but if your county uses salt instead of sand or ash etc.... Don't do it >>>> click

Nate

Periodically develop an oil leak in your oil return line, along with letting your oil filter get loose from time to time. It'll do all the undercoating you'll ever need. ;-)

BoostedAWD91

if u wanna spend the time and money u could por 15 as much as u can or just take the car to the wash after driving in snow or salty roads as i do and so far my car is practically rust free

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned