The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my galant is naked!

broke down

Just wanted to share a few photos of my naked car. Getting it prepped for media blasting, body repair, then paint. This is Kyle Zingg's old car. I bought it over the summer, and haven't really had the time to work on it until now. Hopefully I will get it blasted and primed really soon. I do need some help picking out the new color still, though. So far, I'm leaning towards a nice dark red met. or maroom met. Maybe, something like Nate Pharr's old car. I really liked that color. Feel free to make suggestions. What I don't want to do, is paint it the same color that everyone else has, no offense, but I would like to go for something different. I've also been looking at porsche, volvo, and bmw colors. Porsche has some really nice ones. Anyway here goes.

turbowop

After seeing the silver JDM cars over the years, I've really grown to like that color on these cars. I would probably do silver if I had the chance to completely change the color of my car.

broke down

that's one color I have been thinking about also. A co-worker just got a new chevy truck that is a nice pewter metallic. I think it would look nice.

JSchleim18

There's too many colors! Wopper's right though, silver is sexy on these cars.

Terry Posten

Paint it the electric blue that Mitsu used in the late 80's on the Star/quests.

Polish

I am also partial to silver.

Black Cherry is also a color that looks hot, not sure on a GVR4 though.

381gvr4

Thats how you prep for paint!!! No matter what color you pick it will be sawweet because the color will flow throughout. Nice

Last edited:

Props for doing it the right way!

Honestly on these cars I dont like anything that stands out TOO much but the navy blue that came on GGSX's or the dark red.

Gordian79

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif props for having balls to do that.i will probably never do a build like that again.hopefully it gets done cuz many a time i wanted to call junk yard up to pick turd up.

broke down

I did consider flat black. Until I heard that the good stuff that can actually be washed is mega exspensive, and the cheaper stuff cant be washed, or it loses it's "flatness".

curtis

Sorry I couldn't find it but there's a aussy or kiwi wheel company that has a website that you can pull up a vr4 and change car color with a gradient scale from anything in the rainbow, wheels, stance even brake color. If someone has it post it up.

curtis

found it but it redirects you to another site.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif says there updating. Its modifymycar.com for future reference.

But I did find this

library of colors

click the link then click on type Domestic, Asian or European then model and the paint chips will open then click on the chip page and it lets you highlight the color in a floating box.

I love the blue on this civic:

windowslivewriter2008hondacivicmugensisetforoctoberlaunc-1b512008-honda-civic-mugen-si-21.jpg

Quoting Polish:
I am also partial to silver.

Black Cherry is also a color that looks hot, not sure on a GVR4 though.

Blackcherry [sorry, it's only the fender]

widebody1-1.jpg

14bCrazy

I plan on painting mine in a few yaers. I'm going to keep it the factory color. To me the color's are part of it being a VR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

broke down

There's definitely nothing wrong with the factory colors, I just think there are other colors out there that would look even better. That black cherry is one that I have been favoring heavily.

GVR4_1057

What a drastic weight reduction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Is it under 3000 # yet?

Wilfongtsi

+1 on the starquest blue, but there are def. too many color choices.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts