The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mock up pictures of my ricey engine bay

1941Galant

I had a decent amount of parts powder coated by JNZ Finishing so I decided to toss it all together and see how it looks. Next step is to pull it all apart, figure out what to do with the crankcase breathers (I think I will route them into the exhaust), clean everything, and do the final assembly. I still need a few misc parts like an oil cap, couplers for the SS radiator hose, and some kind of oil cooler, but I will get those in a few weeks after I save up enough cash.

I have been working on this car for the past 4 years or so, and it has been a pretty slow process with me going to school. I am hoping to have it running in a few weeks, however I won't get to drive it until the spring when I can afford it. Anyway, constructive criticism is appreciated.

Some of the parts pictured:
Built 2.4L
Fresh trans with double synchros and 4 spider diff
Driven Innovations Intake Manifold
Tail BOV & 40mm Wastegate
PTE 50 trim (yes, that is tape holding the intake on for now, my 3" coupler is MIA)
Dejon 3" intake
2g MAS
Dual feed fuel rail from Pina Motorsports
-8 AN line w/ aeromotive filter and regulator

Last edited:

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif The first pic totally makes it look like the valve cover breather is plumbed to your fuel filter. I was pretty confused until I clicked on the second pic and saw that it wasn't. Looks clean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuckbag.gif hotness... jnz does nice work.. my fp race manifold came out mint. How does the dual feed fuel rail work? Doesnt the regulator have to go off one side or is it before the rail?

cOmpressor

Looks like a normal fuel rail?

I stand corrected :grin:

Last edited:

1941Galant

The rail has two -8 AN fittings welded on each side (feed), and one -8 AN fitting welded in the middle (return). You can't see it too well in the pictures. It would be hooked up, however I destroyed the 45* fitting and haven't gotten another one to replace it yet. I'm waiting to save up some cash so I can order the lines and fittings for the VC, oil cooler, and fuel line fitting and seals all at once.

Hill

Last edited:

nice do you plan to run a pump to each feed side... i think 2 wally's and run 2 ss lines from the tank to the rail.. that would be one killer setup. Does pina makes those as a production piece or did he do it just for you?

1941Galant

I'm running a bosch 044 FP in tank (had Andre@Pina do that for me as well), with -8 AN line going to the filter on the firewall where it T's off to go to the rail. I'm sure Andre would make a dual feed rail for whoever asked him too. His screen name on here is grocery_getter if you are interested.

thadirtybird

+1k for Andre's fabricated parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
Robert

Damn that's a sexy engine bay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif We need to coat your exh manifold next though.

1941Galant

I was thinking about pulling the turbo to have the comp and ex. housings coated, as well as the O2 housing and manifold, but I'm not sure I can afford it right now. I'm sending you a pm on philly dsm for a quote though.

Hill

1941Galant

The intake manifold, valve cover, blow off valve, and wastegate were done in wrinkle black (polished plaque for the IM, and polished letters for the VC), and the pipe, and fuel rail were done in candy red over chrome.

BoostedAWD91

looking great Hill, nice to see it pretty much together finially /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Looking forward to hear it run

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned