The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

maft pro

14u2nV

ok, I'm seriously stuck. I was having trouble with the sensors after installing it. I just ran completely new wires from the sensor straight to the pro box, still the same thing. Runs like crap, unless I unhook the baro wire. Does anyone happen to know exactly which pins the two sensors go to on the ecu? There is a Brown and black on one sensor, and a green, red and black on the other. The paperwork I have doesn't smack me in the face with the answer, and I can't find info elsewhere.

the MAF-T has its own support forum.i blieve it is like MAFTfaq or something like that. I found it lastime through DSMtuners.com, dsm forum, general, frequently asked questions. then there should be a MAF-T support forum

Troubleshooting
If the installation and tuning does not progress as the steps indicate, the translator signals can be checked
according to the following table.
Wires to MAF sensor:
Pink - +12 volts
Yellow - MAF frequency signal
Black - ground (0 volts)
Wires to Vehicle:
Pink - +12
Green - Translator frequency signal
Black - Ground (0 volts)
Brown - ATS (Air temperature signal, fixed at 80 degrees)
Gray - BARO (Barometric pressure signal, fixed at 3.9 volts)
White - RPM signal, connected to CAS sensor.
No LED blink at key on: check power feed to Translator, check connections, check fuse.
RED LED is blinking: The MAF Translator has internal trouble codes that are blinked out using
the RED LED. The codes are as follows.
1 blink - in RPM mode, No RPM signal
2 blinks - no MAF signal
3 blinks - Internal Flash memory problem.
4 blinks - dial or switch problem
5 blinks - internal program problem
6 blinks - problem with saved settings.
7 blinks - unit detected a reset while the engine was running.
8 blinks - internal Flash memory reset.

turbowop

He has a Maftpro, not a Maf-Translator. Same company, different box.

I'll see if I can dig up something for you in a little while.

14u2nV

Got it all wired correct, now I get air volume error code. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I'm really close to giving up. With everything hooked up right, it's smoking and throwing a code, if I unhook any wire, it smokes more. Fuel smell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14u2nV

Forget it, I"m selling it. I don't have the patience for it anymore, and I think my head is cracked. Black vr4 is done, time to work on 420. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

14u2nV

Stock chip. Have 560 injectors I just bought to put in and a chip for them with 2 g mas. Haven't put them in yet since I can't get the airflow sensors right. Getting error 12 with everything connected.

Last edited:

turbowop

Do you know what software version you have for the unit? I run 4.60, which isn't the newest, but is waaaaay better than any previous versions. If you wanna keep trying I can help you out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts