The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cleaning up my galant and installing a new trans and clutch

So my friend and I started tearing into my car to clean it up a bit and put the new clutch and trans in. I have been taking some progress pics and what not so here they are.

Before
Picture207.jpg

Picture205.jpg

Started to stip off the bumper and headlights
Picture210.jpg

Picture214.jpg

Picture213.jpg

Liquid motivation
Picture211.jpg

Took off the IC pipes to make them pretty. Also the manifold and valve cover too
Picture216.jpg

Picture245.jpg

Picture247.jpg

Making black headlight housings (SICK)
Picture242.jpg

Picture243.jpg

Picture244.jpg

Eddie in the pit taking off the T-Case and some other crap
Picture225.jpg

Picture227.jpg

New stuff. Fidanza 3.2 clutch with a new surface plate for the flywheel
Picture232.jpg

I will be posting more as more gets done. Proabably going to put a new turbo set-up on too while its apart.

Looks good. And I really like the garage. Was the pit put in when the garage was built or is that something you guys cut the floor and made? How deep is it by the way?

The pit was put in when the garage was built. It is probably about 3ft deep or so. It is my brother in laws garage. Its a heated big 3 bay garage and he rents me a spot for $40/month. I realy cant beat it. It also has a nice size compressor with a hose real next to my bay, sand blaster, direct TV, nice stereo, and a fridge filled with beer.

mistaVR4

That's awesome man! I definitely need to get a "pit" type garage at some point! Everything is looking real good man! For being the stock headlights, that blacked out reflector is really good lookin! Keep it up bro /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif !

Last edited:

Thanks, I figured since I have an extra set of headlights laying around, to just give it a shot. Just hope that they still have enough light to see at night. I guess we will see.

Worked on the car for a little bit tonight. Just pulled the manifold,hotside,and 02 housing.

Picture249.jpg
Picture250.jpg

Picture256.jpg

Picture257.jpg

Picture258.jpg

Picture259.jpg

Picture260.jpg

381gvr4

Good stuff.... more work = more pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Staff member
fram !

Nice work so far!! Best of luck with the results!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Worked on it again for a little last night, got the flywheel plate on and installed the flywheel and clutch.

Picture313.jpg

Picture315.jpg

Picture316.jpg

Picture319.jpg

Picture321.jpg

Picture322.jpg

bazeng

Looks like you are having fun!!

How does the pit work? Do you have stairs leading into it or do you have to slide under the car and then crawl into the pit?

I was considering a hoise for my garage, but a pit might work!

Does you exhaust sit like it does in that picture in the top post?

Keep up the good work!

The pit has stairs in the back
Picture224.jpg

The exaust does sit really low but actually rarely ever scrapes due to the stiff suspension. Evo VIII struts with TEIN springs that I bought from Garfield Wright.

transfer case is now on and the suspension is all blolted up. Picked up the new turbo from Drew today and am in the process of cleaning it all up and bolting it all on.

Picture339.jpg

Picture341.jpg

Picture345.jpg

Picture346.jpg

Picture347.jpg

Picture350.jpg

Picture352.jpg

Got some more stuff done tonight like, started to port the 02 housing, valve cover back on, cam anlge sensor is back on, spark plug wires are on, and throttle body elbow is on. Also welded the wastegate flapper shut

Picture355.jpg

Picture358.jpg

Picture359.jpg

Picture362.jpg

Picture363.jpg

Picture364.jpg

Picture365.jpg

Picture366.jpg

Picture367.jpg

Picture368.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned