The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I made a front lip for under 20 bucks. Here's how.

Just in case you have never seen how to do this...
Turbowop is jealous now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

click

Hondasi88

damn U!!!!! i did this on my old accords but never got around to put it on my galant. I use to make few pennies off this

turbowop

Quoting petecavscout:

Turbowop is jealous now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chad989of2000

I've seen a lot of people do this mod...to finish it off it looks really nice if you add forever black or another similar product to make the "lip" look more polished. First time I've seen this on GVR-4...sweet.

I think the first time I saw this done was on a super-clean Acura integra. It was just a really well put together car and I stopped to tell him how clean it looked. I remember talking to the guy a lil bit (so nice to see a kid these days who isn't a total ricer) and he told me about the front lip thing. Then I went out on the internet and ended up on some saab forum reading about it and I said to myself "That's it, I'm doing it!"

Brunoboy

Sounds good, I work at Lowe's anyways, I'll check the inventory Sunday for it ahaha.
-shane

BoostedAWD91

how hard is the rubber that u used for urs? i just looked at home depot and the stuff they had for garage doors is very soft and flexible and would just bend right down and flap around if u used it for a lip

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I have something similar on my car but I actually drilled some holes to hold mine in place since I didn't think the double side tape would be strong enough to hold it in place so I used some nuts and bolts to mount it.
I got it from home depot racing and its actually a seal for the bottom of a garage door and for $10 its long enough to make enough for 2 cars.
I got the idea from the EVO guys that were tired of spending $$$ on lips just for them to break them again.

BoostedAWD91

this is the stuff they had a home depot and lowes that i think is to flexible to use.
is this what u guys are using or something different?

Last edited:

turbowop

That's the stuff. I actually tried it today on 503, but I don't like how flexible it is and when you round the corner from the leading edge of the bumper to the sides, it either sticks out too much, or if you take a tighter bend you can make it so it sits more underneath on the sides. Either way, it didn't quite look right to me. Some might like it. The front look surprisingly good though when it's on the car. I just didn't like the transition into the sides of the bumper.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

That's the same one I have. Yes it does look weird on the sides but it doesn't bother me. It is flexible but that's the point, so it bends and doesn't crack when you scape against something.

curtis

Battle buddy, I guess I'm the only one that caught that.

You my friend are a lifer, only a lifer would let that carry over to car stuff Hooah (for you that don't know thats the Army word for smurf) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts