The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant VR4 goes 218mph

biglady112

Then backs it up going 216mph. My friend I was suppose to be at speedweek helping called and told me.

There is some information on Team NABR as well.

On another note. He coasted to a 192mph pass to qualify for the lond course tomorrow. Hoping to do over 220mpg in his 1G. 230 if the planets align. And he has still yet to use fifth gear in his car.

Steven

Barnes

What the? What in the world powers that thing??

cheekychimp

Steven, was this using the 25% taller fifth gear we spoke about over on the DSMLink boards?

Last edited:

Polish

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq!!!111!111one

That is so flipping awesome.

biglady112

Not sure on the details of this car to be honest. It has a TRE decal on the rear fender. From what I hear, it has a GT42 on it.

click

click

Last edited:

atsiauto

"Wheel Drive, and set a new record of 203.4 mph, making it, we believe, the first 4-door sedan over 200 and for sure the first 2.0-liter production class sedan over 200 mph. "

"This full-size (think shoebox) stock-bodied sedan running in G/PS (G=2.0-liter engine, 120 cubic inches -- Production Supercharged)"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cool non the less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I think it would have been neat to see it going 200+ with stock sleeper colors

Andy_S

Quoting cheekychimp:
Steven, was this using the 25% taller fifth gear we spoke about over on the DSMLink boards?

How far is he spinning that motor?

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Quoting Besso:
"This full-size (think shoebox) stock-bodied sedan running in G/PS (G=2.0-liter engine, 120 cubic inches -- Production Supercharged)"

cool non the less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I think it would have been neat to see it going 200+ with stock sleeper colors

I'm guessing they don't have a separate designation for turbo vs supercharger.

Polish

Exactly, just means forced induction from what I can tell.

DR1665

That's damn impressive. Moar GVR4s going fast on dirt/gravel/salt plz.

Barnes

Duuurrrr! I thought this was a 1/4 mile race. LOL!

JNR

Quoting steveVR4:
Quoting Besso:

I'm guessing they don't have a separate designation for turbo vs supercharger.

Well, technically a turbo is an exhaust-driven supercharger.

It is not "technically" a supercharger, it _is_ a supercharger, albeit not a positive displacement, engine-driven style. In fact, when used with aircraft engines, turbos were referred to as "turbosuperchargers". See: turbosuperchargers
Mike R.

JNR

read my wording again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There are several types of superchargers, with all of them doing the same thing ultimately; forcing more air (and consequently more fuel) than possible under atmospheric conditions, creating additional displacement beyond the physical size of the cylinder(s). Naturally, that creates by-products, such as heat and higher compression (ratio), etc.

OldHairyBastard

I posted about this car a while back. It was last year when he broke the record and he broke it again this year.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts