The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 brotherhood

curtis

You know I've been a regular here for years ...I build custom stuff for people and sell stuff on the internet for a living, Its that or get a 2nd or 3rd shift engineering job never see my family and work for the man for probably about the less money. Engineers in this town make crap.
Since I've started I've been behind but enjoy what I do. Summers are slow since my daughter is out of school. Its full time daddy duty around here, neighborhood kids always in and out, under my feet wanting a popsicle or wanting in the pool. Not what you think its a walmart special that was given to me.

Every once in a while I get to build something for someone and hook them up sometimes for money but some are freebees, I do it because the cool factor is worth more than the money. They get something special, I know they'll keep it and its all for the love of these piece of sh*t cars. Other times I trade for something that way the wifey doesn't know I get something I want and the other gets something they want....

Money to me is something to keep the wife happy as long as the bills are paid, my daughter is spoiled and I can play in the shop I'm happy. I've had things happen over the last almost 38 years that make me apprietiate more things than money and material things, If I won the powerball today I wouldn't buy a new skyline or enzo but a pile of steel more tools and start building a sb2 g50 transaxle twin turbo ariel atom, because I know I could build it.

Now for the brotherhood part of this thread

I once told a guy here theres 3 types of people in the world, friends acquaintance and bitches. Friends you never really have many of then theres the acquaintance that you help out and say hi to then theres the bitches that are users and always want something for free, the world owes them everything and are usually the first to not answer the phone when your in need.
Now for the friends this ties into what I typed above everyonce in a while I get a surprise of my own.

Theres certain stupid items why I want them is beyond me, but I just do....I've been pming and email around the globe for crazy little crap for this car since March of 2000 when I got it. Well a few months ago I get a pm weren't you looking for a set of these. My reply was Hell yea get them, well I been busy around here and had actually forgot.

My mailman knocks on the garage what did you order now. Who knows its probably someone elses. I walk on in the garage and see its got a international label, I cut open to find my unicorn yes guys I feel like I hit the lotto and riding the gravy train on biscuit wheels at the same time.

Only had time to just set it into position and put 2 nuts on. Didn't clean it or get the tails on with it. Yes they were in the box also thay have a few scratches but nothing that want get fixed when its painted this fall.

My unicorn yes the rarest taillight garnesh known the Galant world. The super wide tag ones. As a matter of fact I've never even seen a set for sale here or anywhere else. They match up to the early tails and not the 92's like were on the car from the beginning but the early ones look more rally inspired anyway. One step closer to the goal. I now need pistons , bearings, machine work and a few other odds and ends, only one hard to find thing unicorn left and I'm done. I've been told its on its way so I'm geeting close.

Paul brother I owe you big.... thanks man. I know get back to work and finish my stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll get the other lights on and fitted tomorrow when I get a chance and post up pictures...I may put the tag off center and the vr4 badge to the side when its all done.

Before with the base model 89's I've had for years

Now with the wide tag ones

CarRacer

Those are definetly cool.

I'd take that living. Making stuff, seeing your kid, not a bad gig.
I didn't know there were engineers that far south though, I thought it turned into guesstimation around Missouri? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

tsiboy

thats pimp!! i know ive seen a picture of those before, cant remember where though. they match up with the 91 tails right??

and about the brotherhood, i dont meet very many new people often nor do i post to often here, so i dont know if this means anything coming from me, but some this board and these ugly cars has brought together some the best, goodhearted and goodnatured people i know.

Quote:
only one hard to find thing unicorn left

what might that be???

Flip4G63

its on upside down. check the reverse lights out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

clean though i like!

4orced4door

^^^

Not upside down, meant for '91 tails.

Pretty cool Curtis!

It's not upside down at all. I too have been after those for years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif. I've only seen them once & they were on a amg gvr4 that got to the crusher before my supplier could pull them for me. This had to have been about 6-7 years ago.

Long story short, my 1st supplier is local to me & still is. He was in Japan gathering engines to fill his container. He sent me a picture of a amg in a junk yard asking if I wanted anything. I replied immediately saying pull everything that was bolted down including the 2 tone seats. When he go back to the yard they had only pulled the emgine, tranny, bumpers, headlights & foglights. I almost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif when he replied saying it got crushed already.

What's the part # on it Curtis? Paul is that brotha from anotha motha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif I enjoy helping out board members especially the ones that have been around for a long time. Newbies have to earn their stripe with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Staff member
I can order these if i have the part #.

misterfixit

Thants the stock euro garnish. have thrown away at least three of those in the past. Didn't know they were in demand. next time i see one i'll pull it.

The p/n for the garnish is:
MB831380
The rear foglights in the garnish (listed as seperate)
MB831404 (RH)
MB831403 (LH)

The one shown is 1990 on, if you want I can look up the earlier one as well.

Rich

Top Cop comes through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif thats how it should be

I've always wanted a set of Super VR-4 headrests (don't ask me why, because I don't know)
Have looked everywhere for them but can't find anything. joined MMCNZ and so on trying to find a pair

streetmasters

Holy!!! I want those...NOW haha

tsiboy

besso just do what i did

grabbed a set from a 3g mirage (still hard to find) and painted them with some black vinyl spray

-alex

curtis

Quoting misterfixit:
Thants the stock euro garnish. have thrown away at least three of those in the past. Didn't know they were in demand. next time i see one i'll pull it.

The p/n for the garnish is:
MB831380
The rear foglights in the garnish (listed as seperate)
MB831404 (RH)
MB831403 (LH)

The one shown is 1990 on, if you want I can look up the earlier one as well.

Rich

Yea look them up to to help the others. I really like the tails I had the car cause they were different with the ambers up top but I'm still ballin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarRacer

Those headrests are awesome.

VW gti owners swap headrest from Beetles for the same look.

brisvr4

That boot garnish looks a lot like the stock aussie one Curtis.
Anything else you need shoot me a PM mate.
I'm still trying to find Paul a set of door protectors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Damn I did not realize those were so rare I had a set on my 1992 I bought from e-bay for like 120.00
I think the guy is parting the car now let me check in to it and see if I can buy those back.
I bought them from jarco about 5 years ago never thought anything about it.
Damn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

curtis

Licence plate fits and will fit where I want it. left / right /center. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Height is fine even with a frame on the tag.

Actually looks better shifted toward the drivers side than anywhere else. The holes for the tag that were on it were in the middle far left and right so If I shift the tag the tag will cover one and the VR4 logo will cover the other. Maybe a state police supporter sticker is in order now. Couldn't hurt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Need to get everything cleaned up and installed still ,the lights still had the black tar seal on them and the popcorn is stuck everywhere.

curtis

Even better I have a battery kill switch that has a new home. I had forgot till now.

GIjoe

man I can get you as many of those center garnishes as you wish. All Galants have it here. Here the rarest tail light garnish is the JDM/USDM with the small tag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Anybody need a set of those, let me know. shipping might be expensive though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

boostingwild

SICK .. LOOKS VERY NICE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts