The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just picked up 182/2000

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I have been through quite a few DSM's (97 GST that I sold 4 years ago with 501WHP, 2 auto awd's with PT67DBB turbos, and a few daily driver ones). I am excited to get this one a lot though.

Was considering quite a few cars for a DD. This good deal I cam across last week.

Quite of few of the "old school" guys know this car. It hasn't been seen on the road since about 03. It was Andy of 122 performance

It is number 182/2000

It came with a fresh block and good trans to put in the car. 93K on the chassis, as it hasn't been on the road in about 4 years.

Car is in AWESOME condition, the leather is perfect

Heres what is on/in the Galant:
Supra pump
AGX shocks
Eibach pro kit front springs, rear stock TEL springs ~1" drop all around
Apex Skyline IC with 2.5" piping
Modine radiator
4 bolt rear
Battery in trunk
abs, ps and 4ws removed
ECU with stock chip and a Keydiver chip for 880s, MAFT, etc
full exhaust

Plans for the car
16g and basic supporting mods should run in the mid 12s and get 30mpg and haul 4 people.

1.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

link a few more pics

Last edited by a moderator:

rez

Looks like a GREAT find.

Car is extremely clean and sounds like it has a very solid foundation to build on.

Congrats!

ghostinthevr4

She's so perdy, I love those power folding mirrors maybe I'll find some for mine. You got lucky finding 182. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

I'm pretty sure those are normal side mirrors. You do know that they fold manually, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

ghostinthevr4

My car doesn't have the stock mirrors on it. There powered and the work well but there not stock there a tad bit smaller, it looks like the came of a corolla or something. I have the stock mirrors I took one of them apart to see what type of motor moves the mirror but in the process I broke one of the plastic clips that holds the mirror to body. I forgot to ask the person I purchased the car from why they switched the mirrors. I just assumed they didn't work, but you know what happens when you assume. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Then theres a slight oil look coming from the front main, other than that I have a great car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

may I ask how much you paid for that car? Looks great, and will be sooo fun with the 16g!

Thanks!

The car looks great! How are you going to get 30mpg with it? My car is stock and it gets like 23mpg.

The car was found on NABR. However I have known Andy for a number of years.

My old GS-T would do 32MPG easy (on both 1k and 1600cc injectors). This one with good tuning should see 30mpg (highway) (it did back when it had the Red/780cc combo on it)

I got it for a very good deal imo, I don't want to post what I paid however. I could part it for more than I paid for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting BadVr4:
i HIGHLY doubt anyone would get 32 mpg on 1000+ cc injectors

It was in my GS-T and yes it did. It got that much, but it doesn't matter that much what you believe.

As long as the car is tuned properly there's no reason not to get 28+ to a gallon. The problem is with your right foot sinking & your left foor popping lol.

Brianawd

Hell I can get 22mpg on my 1600cc and e85

DR1665

What I find impressive is the combination of power and economy planned for this car. I think we'll start seeing more and more of this in the future. It's refreshing to see someone with plans for a decently quick car that include well-rounded improvements, as opposed to those who would hamfist together a 12 second car that looks like ass and then bitch about how they can't afford to drive it because of gas prices. :p

But please, please, don't call it a DSM. If you're on NABR, you should be sharp enough to know that it is NOT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts