The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM grill question

streetmasters

Hello drivr4's,

I was wondering how many different type of jdm grill's there are. I saw one that was chrome with mesh behind it and saw a plaque on the upper right driver side corner that says "4wd" and some other words...
then I saw this one where the grill was the color of the car and had that same plaque but in the middle of the right driver side part of the grill with no mesh, but had bars like the 92 grill on mine...

I have seen the AMG grill already...

And this other one that looked like the first one that I mentioned but had no mitsubishi symbol because the symbol was on the hood of the car...I think it also had that same plaque...I personally like the eterna grill the best

any clarification is awesome!!

jeremyz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

H05TYL

just vr4's or all galants?

prefacelift vr4's have no mitsu badge and a narrow centre and expanded mesh with the badge you mentioned (it says "full time 4WD vcu & centre diff")

facelift vr4's have a wider centre with the mitsu badge, expanded mesh and the badge.

evolution vr4's have the facelift grill but with the wire mesh (like evo lancers), same badge.

all the above are chrome.

ehaab

Found these on a Jap site a few years back..
Though there are a few more that arent show here...especially the one where there are Fog Lamps built into the grill..

gril00.jpg

g33-1.jpg

g33-2.jpg

g33-3.jpg

g39-1.jpg

g39-2.jpg

g39-3.jpg

g39-4.jpg

g39-5.jpg

gec-1.jpg

get-1.jpg

get-2.jpg

gk-1.jpg

gsa-1.jpg

gsa-2.jpg

Last edited:

Wilfongtsi

+1 on that grill, anyone know exactly what that one is from, or maybe have one they want to sell?

JSchleim18

^^That one is custom made by the owner. I forget where it was but someone translated the page.

streetmasters

Has anyone seen this grill before? It is slightly different from the ones mentioned above...the badge is all the way to the corner..is this just another version of the JDM grills?

JSchleim18

The badge is removeable so the guy just took it off and moved it

streetmasters

awesome!! thanks doods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

004tsi

Anyone know anything about a grill badge that mounts in the slats of a non mesh style grill?
I found one long before I was into galants on a ggsx I believe at a junk yard and I grabbed it. I now have it on my car, I'll take a few pics when I get a chance

Sean92AWD

I WANT that VR-4 emblem. Does anyone know where i can get it. Will pay someone $10 if they can find where i can buy it.

JSchleim18

That VR-4 emblem on the custom grille came from either the 7G or 8G VR-4

I think Curtis has one on his car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Sean92AWD

Found one thanks to Wilfong! Been searching for one of these for awhile.

streetmasters

ill pay someone to find me an Eterna grill!!

mikus

^ good luck, I tried for a while when I had 31 posts too, calling intnl junkyards, lurking global boards, you name it. Not worth the time/money IMO.

Make friends with some kiwis. find someone local who can use trademe.co.nz for you.

JSchleim18

Yeah kiwi's are great! I actually got an Eterna Grille from one for $70 shipped from NZ

streetmasters

Thanks for the tip!! That is an awesome site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One more question= the 6th grill down? is it the rs grill?

ok one more- is the 5th one a jdm or only if it has the badge on it?

SO MANY GRILLS!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

jz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts