The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Took the GVR4 to the scale today..

Flip4G63

full weight 3160 1/4 tank of gas.

what is everyones elses weighing in at?

my friends 90TSi pulled a 2810 with him in it. but its gutted to the point its not nice at all. no carpet no heater. nothing.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

3280 with full interior, A/C, PS, half tank, scissor jack and associated tools, 10" sub and 2 amps. No spare or sunroof.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, i rewrote this.

Last edited:

Flip4G63

Quoting Flip4G63:
full weight 3160 1/4 tank of gas. sunroof car.

what is everyones elses weighing in at?

my friends 90TSi pulled a 2810 with him in it. but its gutted to the point its not nice at all. no carpet no heater. nothing.

i'm a sun roof car. added that in there.

Last edited:

Olson

3400 with me in it ( 160 ) and half a tnak of gas. this was when it was corner balanced

Sunroof car with 1/3 tank of gas: 3250 by itself and 3450 w/me in it (I'm about 195#). Weight reduction: no cruise control, no 4ws, no spare, mildly hacked front bumper, tiny Odyssey battery in trunk, manual seat belts, '89 glove box & underdash. Weight addition: fmic (top-to-bottom flow, so heavy ass endtanks), fire extinguisher, small air compressor to replace spare tire, strut tower bars, roof rack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brianawd

3360lbs last year with a half take of e85

BoostedAWD91

where do u go to get it weighed at? yeahhh i hit 1000 posts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Unless you know someone with corner scales you can go to a junk yard or scrap yard and put it up no their scales and it will get you close enough.

Flip4G63

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
where do u go to get it weighed at?

i went to a Cat scale. they give you a certificate and all.

truck stops. they gotta be accurate for load weights. so they are always checking it.

I payed 8 bucks.

Larry Parker

rally car is 2890 with 1/2 tank rally ready...

CP

3000 dry weight. 3250 with my skinny ass and 3/4 tank of gas. No AC, JDM bumpers, heavy 17" wheels and big front brakes.

jepherz

Staff member
Here's mine:

Full interior, spare, etc.

In case anyone is wondering, this is a gutted AWD talon w/ a full roll cage:

I'm really impressed with the cornerbalancing on these cars!

85tr

Well with no sunroof, no ac, no 4ws,a honda radiator ,a 1/2 tank and nothing in the trunk im 3260, im (160) so 3100 without me and thats on a truck scale?

curtis

Mines some where around 2100

But thats no ic,no spare, no engine, no turbo, no ic pipes , no trans or transfer case. Jack stand baller FTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned