The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New life for 381! 4yr anniversary, Teins done, Simulated 430hp on Evo ECU

381gvr4

6th one I looked at......
93,xxx miles.....
bought in Dec.07.....

HISTORY OF OCD on builds!!

Heres what I've done....

Full rebuild(old block I had out of DSM). Just about done. Weisco,9.0:1 .20 over, eagle rods, polished unground crank,B/S eliminated, spun balanced to 10K, fluidamper balancer, mild ported head by myself, manley springs/retainers/keepers, BC272's, 3g lifters, ferrea valves with 3-angle, Mitsu gasket, Hondata intake gasket($.99 on epay), 2g ported manifold, tdo5h 20g w/ bullseye exhaust side/clipped wheel/coated(NOW gt3076r /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif), EvoIII ported o2. Oh.... Arp everything!!! Mains, head, exhaust manifold, crank, exhaust studs, turbo bolts. New Mitsu oil pump/cover, mitsu waterpump, new mitsu tensioner, idle pulleys, new waterpump/oil pump cover/tensionor hardware. New oilpan, knock sensor, ALL GASKETS/SEALS, all painted and pretty like!!!!!!

Waiting for my turbo to come back so I can drop it in.

To go along with setup, I have a tre trans with dual syncs in 2-3, filter, new forks, bearings, seals, etc.... 2g shift fork and throwout bearing upgrade,ACT 2600 w/ Streetlight Flywheel, 2g MAF with intake pipe,K&N, 2" i/c piping off turbo/2.5 to T/B with spearco core(don't know dimentions as it was the on car), 2.5 to 3" ext.(was on there).

Car had seen better days when I bought it. It was running but had a history of bad luck!! Blown motors, bad turbos, FIREi!i!i!, BOLTS COMING OUT EVERYWHERE. To play it safe and facilitate my OCD, I pulled out the CyClone motor and sold it. Started fresh and here it is. Still have much to do to get her perfect, but when the motor drops hopefully next week, its full steam ahead. A little paint and body work, little cleaning and she'll be a nice part of the forum.

Have been on since last November and I have to say, I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY!!!!!!
Real great in speaking with some in the past and look forward to talking to more in the future!!!

Some Random pics.....

Tranny rebuild

Before..... (only pic I could find on the board)

After...THIS IS NOT NEW MOTOR... JUST CLEANED UP AND DEBUGGED BEFORE RIPPING AND SELLING LONGBLOCK.

New Motor Pics....Dr. Mario making his famous magic happen.....

More to come when I have more time!!!

Last edited:

Outstanding work my friend, and in case I missed your joining, welcome! The car is obviously now in good hands. And Happy Birthday too!

Sean92AWD

Whats up man. I bought your grey GSX shell. I decided to sell that and picked up a Grey VR-4. Looks like your project is coming along nicely.

381gvr4

HAHA!!!!!! Not only did you take my shell but got you itching for another 4!!! Love it. Almost done. We have to meet up in the next few weeks when they're up and going.

Also see(bastard) you found a 92. I looked and looked for a clean one and settled on my 91 based on condition. Later, Russ

Rebuild looks real nice we should meet
up after you get the motor back in that
setup looks real good congrats.

Sean92AWD

Quoting wantavr4:
HAHA!!!!!! Not only did you take my shell but got you itching for another 4!!! Love it. Almost done. We have to meet up in the next few weeks when they're up and going.

Also see(bastard) you found a 92. I looked and looked for a clean one and settled on my 91 based on condition. Later, Russ

Yeah mine wasnt too clean paint is beat and needs some bodywork. Im redoing the whole car soon. We'll have to meet up for sure when there both done.

381gvr4

SUNDAY... SUNDAY... SUNDAY!!!!!

Finished up some stuff over this week. Finaly got my tdo5h Hybrid 20G back. Thru it on, put on flywheel and clutch, finished cleaning up harness and today was the day!!!!!! Along with blowing my back out yesterday just flopping the tranny over to put in the 2g fork. Felt like crap but my friend Skiffy was there to lend a tremendous helping hand. My other friend Dr. Mario was here to drink my beer and motivate us along!!!! Have little stuff to finish like clutch slave bleeding, radiator hoses, final clamp down on all the I/C pipes, fluids, radiator burping and a little mod on the downpipe to fit evo3 o2. A 30-pack and a few swizzles later and here she is.

Finish up little things this week and fire her up by this w/e.

More to come!!!

My friend Skiffy(matt) after job well done!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brianawd

Nice build but why the Bullseye exhaust housing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

381gvr4

It actually was on the 16G that came with the car and its HUGE!!!!!!!
The turbo is:
Tdo5h 20g wheel/housing
fully rebuilt center
"Monster" Exhaust side w/38mm flapper
Clipped turbine wheel(tdo5 not tdo6)
Xtreme coating

why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif, you don't like?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
why

Not a fan.

381gvr4

"Not a fan."

FREE+HUGE=AWESOME

Shooting for 400+@19psi with this turbo and my setup. That good enough for me as my DD!!!

Hksvr4

Nice build. Did you use "wrinkle" paint on the valve cover or is it like "flat" red?

Brianawd

Quote:
HUGE=AWESOME

Just so you know. Those housing don't flow for sh*t. Just because they are big does not mean flow. But good luck with the new set up.

381gvr4

Quoting Hksvr4:
Nice build. Did you use "wrinkle" paint on the valve cover or is it like "flat" red?

Yup, it's wrinkle. The secret is the prep!!! I did one on the old motor and thought it wouldn't last but is SUPER durable. Also, use a paint prep product to ensure good adhesion.
Then I used a sanding block to hit the letters for a brushed look.

Tell Mario to stop drinking your beer and get back to work lol. Setup looks real good
let me know when we can meet up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Very well done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Look forward to seeing pics of it on the road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

381gvr4

Thanks. Hopefully I can wrap up some more this afternoon. Trying to rush thru my work!

381gvr4

Also, in pic with engine hanging above engine bay, I DID convert to a 92 grill.Cut out fins and used wire mesh. COOL part is my hand crafted carbon fiber emblem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Will add pic after I wash it.

381gvr4

New pics!!!

Finished little details. All I/C piping set, radiator and hoses in, slave in and finally washed her. Needs a good buff and some chips filled but I'm happy. Going to start up in the next few days when I get time.

Let me know what you think so far....
(sorry if they seem like doubles but I'm happy my winter project is coming together)

Still Dirty...

Intercooler...

Modified 92 grill w/ fabbed carbon fiber emblem...

JDM hood...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts